metal detectors

Wide Earp

lets here some input on which i should start with something under 150 bucks

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I'd be interested as well. Maybe as much as $250

sinclair1

I am bumping as well as watching. I done a little research before and everyone said you will go crazy and not have half the enjoyment with a detector that will have you digging everything up without exclusions.

Back then it cost closer to 350 for those, but maybe technology cost have come down?

ol bob

Cain't beat a Whites

Katalee

They are starting to drop lake Harding probably around 10 feet for dock and seawall repair till around middle of November. A great time to break in a new detector.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Cain't beat a White's

Back several years ago, I had a friend that had three different WHITE metal detector models and he was always using these metal detectors to search various properties that he had received written permission to do so. These models had certain types of built-in "filters" that you could ultimately learn to filter out some of the "junk" involved.

I went with him a few times and I was totally surprised as these models could tell you (1) just what you might have located such as a half-dollar, quarter, dime, nickel, etc (2) what depth underground these items were located (3) Just about what day these items were deposited there (4) Just who the individual that lost them really was (5) Gave you a choice of stories to tell your wife when you returned home being 4-5 hours late too. :D:D:D:pop::pop:

These things worked like a charm and surprised me with their capabilities. They were not very heavy at all and they were balanced really well as you walked long detecting too. You also didn't have to be constantly leaning over and hurting your back in the process.

tween_the_banks

I wouldn't buy any of the detectors under $250 but if you don't want to save a little more money and get a detector in the middle of the road price range, I'd go with a Garrett Ace series detector.

However, I'd personally save and get something around the $450 range. There's a huge jump in the data the middle-ground machines give you vs the beginner machines.

Wide Earp

I wouldn't buy any of the detectors under $250 but if you don't want to save a little more money and get a detector in the middle of the road price range, I'd go with a Garrett Ace series detector.

However, I'd personally save and get something around the $450 range. There's a huge jump in the data the middle-ground machines give you vs the beginner machines.

thanks