Members who have passed away....

bilgerat

Senior
Marty Fowler, AKA 1Killshot passed on 9/21/17
Rip Marty
He could stir the pot with the vest of them

one hogman

Ran across this old thread I think it was started in 2011 WOW!! reading it makes you think about how short life really is, every day is to be cherished and appreciated, tell your Wife, Kids, and Grand Kids you love them EVERYTIME you see them or talk to them you never know when it could be your last. And may God bless the families of all those that have gone before us..

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
Some of you may remember my Joe Kurz quota hunt from 2009. I shot a nice 10 pt. thanks to Hunter Ed (Mike Tallant). He left early and showed me his spot so I could hunt it the next day. He'd seen a good buck there but didn't shoot it. One of the best things about my Joe Kurz hunt wasn't the buck I took home, it was the new friends I made while I was there. SCPO and Hunter Ed were two fine men and I was honored to have met them. They were there together again this year at Joe Kurz and hunted Thursday and Friday morning. Mike had to leave after the morning hunt to go home and help his wife. He died that afternoon. It makes my heart hurt. It reminds me of the lyrics; "Who's gonna fill their shoes, who's gonna stand that tall?" From what I understand Mike taught hunter safety with DNR for 40 years. They just don't make them like they used to. Few and far between. We lost a good man Oct. 20, 2017. May you rest in peace Mike T.

http://www.outdoorcentral.com/mc/pr/03/05/02b2.asp

Attachments

• JoeKurz.jpg
    JoeKurz.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
Reactions: Dub

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
The man, the myth, the GON Turkey Forum legend, TBGator( Todd Blair) passed away yesterday after a year long fight with cancer.
Goodbye, my friend.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Moonpie1 who shared his love for food, fishing and family passed away unexpectedly this past Friday. He was the most loving generous man I have even met. He will be sorely missed.

Yep, Joe was one of, if not the most positive individual I've ever met. If he ever said anything against something he disagreed with, it was merely a brief and vague reference to that matter and then it was gone. He never harped on anything negative.

Just don't run across many as jovial as Moon in your lifetime.

He'll be missed by many.

RIP Moon

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Ran across this old thread I think it was started in 2011 WOW!! reading it makes you think about how short life really is, every day is to be cherished and appreciated, tell your Wife, Kids, and Grand Kids you love them EVERYTIME you see them or talk to them you never know when it could be your last. And may God bless the families of all those that have gone before us..

Yessir, well said !! We lost a dang good one when Moonpie left us.

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Moonpie1 who shared his love for food, fishing and family passed away unexpectedly this past Friday. He was the most loving generous man I have even met. He will be sorely missed.
:love:Still processing this loss, prayers for his wife & family......just.can't.comprehend...........:cry:

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
A memorial banner has been added under his name. You`ll be missed, Bobby. Rest in Peace.....

Keebs

Miss Moderator Ma Hen
Staff member
Bobby Morris, aka "Working2Hunt" has left us. Dang good man, we had alotta fun hunting and fishing, RIP Bobbybro...
My heart is plumb breaking........ RIP my buddy, my "BaBaBobby".......:cry:

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
That is terrible news. I enjoyed reading his post.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
The words escape me at the moment to express the shock i feel at reading this.
Bobby was a great guy. RIP my friend.