Magic or something

TriggerHappyJake

Am I alone when I say that deer seem to possess incredible powers? Seems to me they have the ability to teleport and turn invisible. They also seem to have a nack for walking through solid objects as well as being able to change their body and antler size at will. Such mysterious creatures those whitetails.

sinclair1

It's not magic, they smell scent blocker and just stay away from it.:rofl:
I don't deer hunt and have a buck that beds down beside my running A/C and won't even move when I turn on the dryer that vents there.

They hit my flowers every day and eat my hostas too.

One day deer hunters will wise up and quit planting food plots and just put a Dryer and A/C there with roses and hostas :rofl:

Jeff Raines

It's not magic, they smell scent blocker and just stay away from it.:rofl:
I don't deer hunt and have a buck that beds down beside my running A/C and won't even move when I turn on the dryer that vents there.

They hit my flowers every day and eat my hostas too.

One day deer hunters will wise up and quit planting food plots and just put a Dryer and A/C there with roses and hostas :rofl:
They do love hostas,and hostas are like kudzu,very hard to kill.

sinclair1

I don't turkey hunt either, but have to shoo a dozen of them out of the road to get to the cabin, but I do fish and can get skunked on a 4 hr trip only to have my wife catch a 6lber on the dock using a pink rod while drinking wine with the radio blaring.

That's just how it works :flag:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's why they commonly walk out onto busy highways in front of oncoming cars. :D

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
yeah....they ain't the sharpest critters in the world

TrailBlazer999

I feel that way about turkeys. I was out squirrel hunting when I walked up on a flock of them. They simply turned and walked away but I'd swear on a stack of Bibles that they just evaporated into thin air while I watched. One second they were there, the next they weren't.

PappyHoel

It depends on what county. They don't have those powers in Fulton or Cobb county.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have noticed that if you develop the magic ability to sit still and be quiet, that it negates many of the magical powers of the deer.

NOYDB

BANNED
I have noticed that if you develop the magic ability to sit still and be quiet, that it negates many of the magical powers of the deer.

And have on your realtree camo shirt and pants camo boots and camo hat. Your camo wallet and underwear. Your fox pee cover scent. Have brushed your teeth with cover scent toothpaste and put on your deer attractant body wash. Run your camo thru the washing machine with UV blocker soap. Drove to your hunting land in you camo clad truck and got in your ghost blind. Made sure your calls and binocs are camo.

You'll be good to go!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
They have a good knack of disappearing, when the season opens. We saw 18 on my lease Thursday, come opening day it will be tough to find 3.

Big7

The Oracle

Been working that way for years.

Some folks been watching to many "hunting shows"
AKA "info-mercials"....

Just sayin'...... :D