A question for believers

WaltL1

Sitting here in the stand this morning and watched as it went from pitch black to a slight glow on the horizon. While night became day, birds began to sing, squirrels began to climb down and shuffle around. Watched a young 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 year old buck slip by. Listened to some hens cackling, even a gobbler off in the distance. Amazing to think how some think a big explosion created all this to be. Others think it started this way and that but no way a greater being, an alpha and omega, the creator God himself created all. Really sad so many have no hope when all it takes is the grain of a mustard seed.
Would you appreciate it just as much if you found out the Big Bang actually did start it all?
Really sad so many have no hope
No hope for what?

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Sitting here in the stand this morning and watched as it went from pitch black to a slight glow on the horizon. While night became day, birds began to sing, squirrels began to climb down and shuffle around. Watched a young 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 year old buck slip by. Listened to some hens cackling, even a gobbler off in the distance. Amazing to think how some think a big explosion created all this to be. Others think it started this way and that but no way a greater being, an alpha and omega, the creator God himself created all. Really sad so many have no hope when all it takes is the grain of a mustard seed.

Not everybody needs your hope.

WaltL1

How exactly would we find out about that? By unprovable, unobservable science, conjured up in the minds of mere men?
Its really obvious that you are completely threatened by science. Yeah I know, you will say you aren't but one just has to read your posts.
I'm assuming you embrace science in every other aspect of your life. You re even disparaging science right now using a method of communication that science gave you.
By unprovable, unobservable science, conjured up in the minds of mere men?
Hmmm...
You admit you cant prove God exists.
You havent observed God so you cant tell us what "he" looks like.
You cant prove God wasn't conjured up the minds of mere men.
Lets do this -
You make a list here about what you can PROVE was accomplished by God.
Ill make a list here of what I can PROVE was accomplished by science.
Lets see whose list is longer.
I'll even give you a head start.
You in?

Didn't think so.

Spineyman

Its really obvious that you are completely threatened by science. Yeah I know, you will say you aren't but one just has to read your posts.
I'm assuming you embrace science in every other aspect of your life. You re even disparaging science right now using a method of communication that science gave you.

Hmmm...
You admit you cant prove God exists.
You havent observed God so you cant tell us what "he" looks like.
You cant prove God wasn't conjured up the minds of mere men.
Lets do this -
You make a list here about what you can PROVE was accomplished by God.
Ill make a list here of what I can PROVE was accomplished by science.
Lets see whose list is longer.
I'll even give you a head start.
You in?

Didn't think so.

Science doesn't scare me a bit. It is merely the tool God uses to observe His Creation. You also have to know that there is two kinds of science. Observable which is also repeatable, then Historical which is nothing more than a big guess. It is not observable, therefore not repeatable, nor was there anyone alive back then to confirm of deny the far fetched claims put out by evolutionists, which by the way is not science but rather religion. I can promise you one thing, you have greater faith than I do. It takes far more faith for one to believe that all the ordered , peaceful structure we see everywhere came from total chaos out of absolutely nothing. Far more faith than me. I happen to believe in all of this fabulous design that there was indeed a designer, and He created everything in perfect order. He upholds all things by the power of His Word, and sustains everything.

WaltL1

Science doesn't scare me a bit. It is merely the tool God uses to observe His Creation. You also have to know that there is two kinds of science. Observable which is also repeatable, then Historical which is nothing more than a big guess. It is not observable, therefore not repeatable, nor was there anyone alive back then to confirm of deny the far fetched claims put out by evolutionists, which by the way is not science but rather religion. I can promise you one thing, you have greater faith than I do. It takes far more faith for one to believe that all the ordered , peaceful structure we see everywhere came from total chaos out of absolutely nothing. Far more faith than me. I happen to believe in all of this fabulous design that there was indeed a designer, and He created everything in perfect order. He upholds all things by the power of His Word, and sustains everything.
I can promise you one thing, you have greater faith than I do. It takes far more faith for one to believe that all the ordered , peaceful structure we see everywhere came from total chaos out of absolutely nothing. Far more faith than me
You haven't been paying attention.
I don't have faith in any of that.
That question has not been answered. By science or anybody.
But there are years and years of research, facts, figures, information, hypothesis, scientific theories etc. available to anyone who cares to educate themselves on what we know and what we don't know.
You also have to know that there is two kinds of science. Observable which is also repeatable, then Historical which is nothing more than a big guess. It is not observable, therefore not repeatable, nor was there anyone alive back then to confirm of deny the far fetched claims put out by evolutionists, which by the way is not science but rather religion.
That's a load of carp you got from Answers in Genesis.
Plenty of ACTUAL science websites out there that will accurately explain science to you.
If you are interested.

Spineyman

But there are years and years of research, facts, figures, information, hypothesis, scientific theories etc. available to anyone who cares to educate themselves on what we know and what we don't know.

That's a load of carp you got from Answers in Genesis.
Plenty of ACTUAL science websites out there that will accurately explain science to you.
If you are interested.
The fact is they don't " KNOW " anything it is all guesses. To answer your other question, I have no intention of listening to what you call science. They change their minds and their data and the dating methods and every other way they gather information. But what matters most is what you measure the data by. There are only two ways. You either study data collected in light of Creation, or you measure data according to mans interpretation. I choose to look at it in light of Creation. You can continue to listen to man who wasn't there, who has no way to prove what they say is true. I will stick with Genesis, which God claims that He spoke and it was created in 6 literal days. Good night, I am turning in.

WaltL1

The fact is they don't " KNOW " anything it is all guesses. To answer your other question, I have no intention of listening to what you call science. They change their minds and their data and the dating methods and every other way they gather information. But what matters most is what you measure the data by. There are only two ways. You either study data collected in light of Creation, or you measure data according to mans interpretation. I choose to look at it in light of Creation. You can continue to listen to man who wasn't there, who has no way to prove what they say is true. I will stick with Genesis, which God claims that He spoke and it was created in 6 literal days. Good night, I am turning in.
The fact is they don't " KNOW " anything it is all guesses.
C'mon be honest. You really don't know how silly that statement is? Really?
I will stick with Genesis,
Feel free.
You should also stick with discussing science with other folks who stick with Answers in Genesis too.
In here we know what science actually is and isn't and that nonsense don't fly.

oldfella1962

You lost me with that last sentence. Did you mean "faith" rather than hope?

hope
hōp/
noun
a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
"he looked through her belongings in the hope of coming across some information"
synonyms: aspiration, desire, wish, expectation, ambition, aim, goal, plan, design; More
archaic
a feeling of trust.
verb
want something to happen or be the case.
"he's hoping for an offer of compensation"
synonyms: expect, anticipate, look for, be hopeful of, pin one's hopes on, want; More

j_seph

noun: hypothesis; plural noun: hypotheses
a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

plural noun: theories
a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.

So how did you come to the thought of believing someone else's ideas that aren't fact over as you see it Christians ideas? Why not choose a better option for yourself and your soul Walt?

j_seph

You lost me with that last sentence. Did you mean "faith" rather than hope?

hope
hōp/
noun
a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen.
"he looked through her belongings in the hope of coming across some information"
synonyms: aspiration, desire, wish, expectation, ambition, aim, goal, plan, design; More
archaic
a feeling of trust.
verb
want something to happen or be the case.
"he's hoping for an offer of compensation"
synonyms: expect, anticipate, look for, be hopeful of, pin one's hopes on, want; More
Yes I meant faith

WaltL1

noun: hypothesis; plural noun: hypotheses
a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

plural noun: theories
a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.

So how did you come to the thought of believing someone else's ideas that aren't fact over as you see it Christians ideas? Why not choose a better option for yourself and your soul Walt?
First lets get the definitions out of the way -
I didn't say theories, I said scientific theories - Note the difference in the definitions. Theres a BIG difference -
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.
Also note what I told Spineyman -
Originally Posted by WaltL1
But there are years and years of research, facts, figures, information, hypothesis, scientific theories etc. available to anyone who cares to educate themselves on what we know and what we don't know
Why not choose a better option for yourself and your soul Walt?
To me, God is not an option until God is proven to exist.
WHEN THAT HAPPENS, I will consider God as an option.
Its really as simple as that.

You/Christians make it sound like your God does IN FACT exist and we/nonbelievers just choose not to believe it.
Prove that God exists and I guarantee you every one of the nonbelievers in here will believe that God exists.

Spineyman

C'mon be honest. You really don't know how silly that statement is? Really?

Feel free.
You should also stick with discussing science with other folks who stick with Answers in Genesis too.
In here we know what science actually is and isn't and that nonsense don't fly.

No I really don't know how silly that statement is! Also let me know when you find definitive proof of evolution, until then it is all garbage in and garbage out. I actually do like Answers in Genesis, but that is not where I was coming from. I actually believe in the account as recorded in Genesis in the Bible, which is where AIG also gets their bases to study science from. You see I honestly believe Worldview matters!!!

Spineyman

First lets get the definitions out of the way -
I didn't say theories, I said scientific theories - Note the difference in the definitions. Theres a BIG difference -
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation.
Also note what I told Spineyman -

To me, God is not an option until God is proven to exist.
WHEN THAT HAPPENS, I will consider God as an option.
Its really as simple as that.

You/Christians make it sound like your God does IN FACT exist and we/nonbelievers just choose not to believe it.
Prove that God exists and I guarantee you every one of the nonbelievers in here will believe that God exists.

I guarantee you that won't matter, because the people of Jesus day, which by the way can be proven historically and even non christian historian Josephus documented His life and crucifixion. So you see there is far more actual proof in what we as Christians espouse than the nonsense that Darwin and the so called scientists come up with today. I will also tell you unless the Father draws you, you will not heed the call of the Holy Spirit, because dead men cannot think for themselves. You see the Bible says that we are all dead in our trespasses and sins and cannot see the One True Holy God unless He draws each and every individual. Like Jesus told Nicodemus unless you are born again you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Period, so people who say they are christian by doing this that and the other are sadly mistaken. Because Matthew 7 clearly states that you will know them by their fruit. It also goes on to say that Jesus declares : depart from Me you workers of iniquity I never knew you!

WaltL1

No I really don't know how silly that statement is! Also let me know when you find definitive proof of evolution, until then it is all garbage in and garbage out. I actually do like Answers in Genesis, but that is not where I was coming from. I actually believe in the account as recorded in Genesis in the Bible, which is where AIG also gets their bases to study science from. You see I honestly believe Worldview matters!!!
No I really don't know how silly that statement is!
You should.
One little example -
When you bought the computer you are typing on right now, do you figure science was just guessing that if you put this thing on your desk and started typing that I would be able to read it?
Also let me know when you find definitive proof of evolution, until then it is all garbage in and garbage out.
That things have evolved has been proven to be fact over and over.
Don't take my word for it, it will only take you a minute to find out for yourself.
I actually believe in the account as recorded in Genesis in the Bible, which is where AIG also gets their bases to study science from.
So?
AIG takes science, twists it around and tells you exactly what you want to hear.
Ask yourself why science DOES NOT point to an unprovable God but AIG tells you it does.

WaltL1

I guarantee you that won't matter, because the people of Jesus day, which by the way can be proven historically and even non christian historian Josephus documented His life and crucifixion. So you see there is far more actual proof in what we as Christians espouse than the nonsense that Darwin and the so called scientists come up with today. I will also tell you unless the Father draws you, you will not heed the call of the Holy Spirit, because dead men cannot think for themselves. You see the Bible says that we are all dead in our trespasses and sins and cannot see the One True Holy God unless He draws each and every individual. Like Jesus told Nicodemus unless you are born again you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Period, so people who say they are christian by doing this that and the other are sadly mistaken. Because Matthew 7 clearly states that you will know them by their fruit. It also goes on to say that Jesus declares : depart from Me you workers of iniquity I never knew you!
which by the way can be proven historically and even non christian historian Josephus documented His life and crucifixion
Yes I believe there is sufficient evidence that a man named Yeshua actually existed and was crucified.
So you see there is far more actual proof in what we as Christians espouse
You are mistaking proof that a man named Yeshua existed and was crucified with proof that a man named Yeshua was the son of God, performed miracles etc etc.
Lots of people with lots of names actually existed and were crucified at that time.
As for the rest of your post, yeah I/we know what the Bible says. Nearly every one of us in here was a Christian at one time.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader