This is the TRUTH

re read the original post.

spotted pig while riding the roads, stalked up on it then shot it (right between the eyes at 160 yards).

besides being lazy, unethical and not very sporting it is very illegal.

He most definitely was road hunting...and with it starting out with this is the TRUTH sounds like he might have altered the story somehow...

injun joe

Gone But Not Forgotten
Man, y'all need to get a life. The man said he spotted the animal from the road adjacent to the farm that he has permission to hunt. He is shooting vermin.
They walked in and killed it.
This is a service to the farmer.
Maybe you need to set up cyber warden shop somewhere else.

Marietta Mike

Shooting Lessons

That's an awesome shot.

I have the regular Streamlight Super-Tac mounted on a 1" rail adapter on the bottom of my quad rail. This keeps the light from reflecting off the back of the suppressor into my scope and gets rid of the barrel's shadow. The light does a great good job finding eyes out to 200 yards, but its really tough to determine what the animal is and get off a shot before they "run for the shadows". When I get one it will be my first. Maybe I need "Shooting Lessons"?

Thanks for the stories and the pics. Keep em coming.

Attachments

• P4170005.jpg
    P4170005.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 832

Dixiesimpleman32

GONetwork Member
congrads molly kill um all.god shootin

molly

Were you aiming to hit between the eyes, or just "pokin and hopin"?

When you are shooting on a stick (tripod trigger) and its wore out and the distance is over 100 yds....you have to float the cross hairs on the target and with a 1.5 lb trigger you let go when the cross hairs are where you want it to be.....this hog was faceing me his head was all I had to shoot at.....last night I kill two coyote out at 140 steps...dropped them dead....keep in mind....I have guns that will shoot and I have had a lot of practice shooting at night with night vision distance plays a big part cause a hog will seem like he is 70 yds out but actually be 150 yds out....and some times I do miss but not often.

molly

That's an awesome shot.

I have the regular Streamlight Super-Tac mounted on a 1" rail adapter on the bottom of my quad rail. This keeps the light from reflecting off the back of the suppressor into my scope and gets rid of the barrel's shadow. The light does a great good job finding eyes out to 200 yards, but its really tough to determine what the animal is and get off a shot before they "run for the shadows". When I get one it will be my first. Maybe I need "Shooting Lessons"?

Thanks for the stories and the pics. Keep em coming.
Where did you get the presure switch...I have to turn off my light before I turn off the scope...that way I know its off....you can`t look down the barrel to ck it.

molly

spotted pig while riding the roads, stalked up on it then shot it (right between the eyes at 160 yards).

Its call time management....when you have alot of farms to ck for hogs you can`t go to your parking spot and unload your cart and come back to ck the field...and you sure can`t in most cases unload you cart with hogs out in the field....with the permit I have I do not and will not break the LAW.....I might add with the Thermal I have I can look out across a field 600 yds and tell you if it is a hog or deer and most cases a coyote....you learn the movement...but in most cases at that distance your focus will determine what it is.....I having a great time reading all the post...especially when I get all these know it alls to thinking....I sure don`t know it all....its fun reading how folks thinks.

Marietta Mike

Where did you get the presure switch...I have to turn off my light before I turn off the scope...that way I know its off....you can`t look down the barrel to ck it.

I think it was optics planet but I truthfully don't remember.

The Tapco mounting plate is much better than the rail clips that came with the switch. I got it from a shooting range tactical gear store in Commerce, GA.

Shivesy

I can't say that I would agree with you on that statement. If your on the side of a road, your firearm is unloaded and your spotting scope or binos are not fixed to any firearm. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that is within the law?:huh:
I quess some folks would think that shooting a hog is unethical, some might even think that shooting them between the eyes is unethical and some might think that shooting them at night is unethical. I'm just not one of those folks.
As far as lazy. Molly , next time do a few sit-ups and push-ups before you walk out to kill your predators. So some of the folks on here don't think your lazy. What's wrong with you?:banginghe

roperdoc

Nice job, that would be a good shot in broad daylight! I love to spot and stalk hogs,too, and when I can afford a nv scope I won't quit at dusk either. Of course, I only stop long enough now to eat supper and load the dogs:)