X Marks the Spot

ngabowhunter

Sometimes making a good shot sucks. I was having a good time moving around the yard shooting at different targets from different spots when this happened. I had shot two arrows from two different yardages into my bag target. The top arrow went in and bounced back, but didn't come out of the bag and was hanging there. My dog started barking at something in the woods so I went to the edge of the yard to investigate. I didn't see anything and when I turned around I noticed that the two arrows in the bag target made a perfect X. From 30 yards back, I nocked an arrow, drew, anchored, released and hit the X and broke an arrow. facepalm: I'm now down to three fletched arrows. Good thing I bought some arrows from Big Jim at Tannehill. image.jpg

Al33

Multiple arrows in a bag target just about guarantee one or more or going to get busted up. Good shootin' but you know that was a costly shot. :D

oldfella1962

People warned me about shooting too many arrows at the same spot, and I broke/destroyed a few. It's time consuming but I only shoot a couple at a time now.

robert carter

I seem to lose focus on the shot if I shoot groups so I shoot one arrow at the time walking at stumps and such. saves on the shoulder pain as well.Some of you more "mature" fellers may relate.RC

dutchman

Easy come, easy go. That's why they sell 'em by the 12 pack...

ngabowhunter

My yard is scattered with targets yet I still choose to shoot at the same one more than once. I guess I just like to buy and fletch arrows.

gurn

Gone but not forgotten
Good shootin. Lucky Jim has arrows at a fair price.