sad news...

robert carter

Log skidders just rolled in to my Turkey honey hole. Will be public land birds with the ghillie this year. Headed out for some eyeballing now.RC

Barry Duggan

perfect timing yes/no.

dutchman

Sad indeed. But your plan B is good. Silver lining...

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
RC, I knows how you feel. They are cutting everything in the swamp on the north side of 96. Glad we got some thick seven year old pines to hold the hogs. Not going to be nothing left but cleared dirt around us. Sho wish I could shoot a bow, but that ain't happening right now.

bam_bam

I still betting on you getting two birds at least this year.

PAPALAPIN

RC needs a handicap anyway.

Al33

:( Hate that for you buddy. I guess we all have experienced the loss of some honey holes due to logging, I know I have several times. In any event I am confident you will still fill your tags.

robert carter

Its all good. I just have these birds figured out on this place. Plus I`ve had two blinds out in some strutting and dusting areas for two months. I`ve killed 8 Turkeys within a 200 yard stretch of an Island that is gonna be stumps a a few days. Will make for some fine deer hunting though next year and the turkeys will ready to play again by then. I found about a half dozen killing spots today on public land for my style of turkey hunting.RC

Clipper

I feel your pain. My club in Greene County had loggers the last two seasons! Another club had archery only property where I was seeing lots of deer and it got sold out from under us.

JBranch

RC, sorry to hear about the honey hole. I know losing a hole that close to the house is sad. But I know how many turkeys are on the public land around Baxley too. I'm guessing you can find one pretty easy without having to go too far. Good luck this season.

kingfish

I think I just heard a collective GULP from every gobbler in the Horse Creek, Bullard Creek, Big Hammock and Ft. Stewart areas !! Looking forward to the great pics and stories.

Sorry to hear that RC, I know how it feels to loose a place that can feel like a second home. But there is a bright side, that it was not clear cut for a subdivision or shopping mall and it will grow back. I saw it mentioned here and kind of envy you guys that get to hunt Ft Stewart, some of my most memorable turkey hunting was on that place.Mike

Bama B

Hate to hear that RC. But from what I have read I bet you got some good secondary spots . Good luck