Check my form, not my video skills

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I can't be sure from the video and it may be the back of your glove that is fooling me, but it looks like your string hand may be cupped. If so, that will cause you to shoot left and also cause erratic arrow flight. The back of your hand and your fingers down to the first joint should be straight and inline with your forearm. Your hand, wrist and arm should be relaxed so that all the pull is on your back. I am still working on back tension.

Better yet, go to the next shoot and let Al get a hold of you. He will straighten you out real good:).

I dont have my bow here with me, but "air" drawing and it feels like my pinkie knuckle may be curling under a bit. Will keep it in mind.

I need Al to drive up here and give me a lil lesson or 2:cool:

dm/wolfskin

Looks to me that you're pulling your hand out of your anchor to the right a little and causing your bow arm to torque. Can't tell by the side angle if you got your elbow in line with your arrow.

Clipper

For some reason I had you pegged as a Georgia boy. I see now that you are in Conn. I think Al is likely spending his days in a turkey blind right now.

Gordief

nice video...

one thing to try is... put one of your arrows in the bullseye.
then aim at it & try to bust the nock off. may help w/ shooting left.

and practice holding at fulldraw for about 2 seconds longer, then release. gives your brain & arms alittle more time to get in cink.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
For some reason I had you pegged as a Georgia boy. I see now that you are in Conn. I think Al is likely spending his days in a turkey blind right now.
ha clipper....I'm about as Georgia as they come, but the Midwest whitetail beasts kept calling my name so I moved to Illinois a few years back.

pine nut

Are you really crunching your back/shoulder blades? If not you may want to try pulling through the shot and making sure you get the bow drawn fully. I have a tendency to slightly short draw because of not doing the back crunch. When I do it right my arrows go where they should much better. I also pluck the string and short drawing makes that happen as well.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Are you really crunching your back/shoulder blades? If not you may want to try pulling through the shot and making sure you get the bow drawn fully. I have a tendency to slightly short draw because of not doing the back crunch. When I do it right my arrows go where they should much better. I also pluck the string and short drawing makes that happen as well.

maybe so, the more I look over my videos and then at others, I think I am plucking the string. I think on release my hand is pulling away from my face instead of backwards through the shot.

good info from all, thanks