After 110 days of waiting........

longbowdave1

I decided to string up the longbow and test my arm to see if I could shoot. After sitting on the sidelines that long, feeling like an archery Zombie, I figured a Zombie target was appropriate. I was able to get a dozen and half arrows down range before I stopped. I wanted to shoot for an hour, because I have missed shooting the longbow, but I will have to limit my shooting to a few arrows twice a week, to prevent doing any damage. I think the old arm is about 90%, but I better not push it! A month ago I could pull back a 20# bow without feeling it.

Looks like the squirrels were so desperate for food this winter, they chewed out the center of my old patched up block target, time to get out the "Great Stuff."

It sure felt good to shoot today, but definately a little rusty! :banana::banana::banana:

Attachments

• First shots 001.jpg
    First shots 001.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 216

mudcreek

lookin good

dm/wolfskin

Slow and easy. Took me a year for my left shoulder to heal all the way after a slip down the back steps that was coverd with frost.

longbowdave1

Thank you gents, slow it is. As long as I'm ready for the september deer opener I will be a happy camper.