would any one like tosee my finds ??

jimmyjames

im jimmy james burns,, some know me as Jimmy Catch 5 on the bfhp,, but i have been fliping rocks for a good while now ,and have picked upa lot finds , i have some very interesting items , that all i can do is put them in my hand ,to try to imagin what they could have done with this tool ,, i seem to find a lot of scrapprers ,of various sizes ,, also i have buckets of schards ,, that should have been classified as ( leaverite) leave her rite dar..lol but i also wanted to talk to the master knappers on here ,, to give me some closeure ,,to what all i have ,,

90 % of the items were found , in hall county behind my house ,,if i get some input ill show them

Red Man

If you post pics I'm sure you will get input.

dpoole

would love to see pictures !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fish hawk

Bass Master
JJ dont waist your time.I think folks over here would much rather see a 1 day old point than a 6,000 year old point.Also most scrapers will be labled as preforms

Last edited:

Nugefan

JJ dont waist your time.I think folks over here would much rather see a 1 day old point than a 6,000 year old point.Also most scrapers will be labled as preforms

then you don't know us very well .....:huh::rolleyes:

Willjo

I would like to see what you have found, It is neet to see points from other areas of the state. Most of the time if you ask the name of a point unless it is classic example you will get as many different names as people you ask. The best thing is to call it mine. I would hope that my opinions dont cause people to have a negative opinion of the site or me.

Al White

Wow...

Well, I would have to disagree and would love to see them!

sharpeblades

Points i have found

I would love to see them .That was not a very nice thing for Fish Hawk to say. 99.9% of the people i have meet and dealt with on here are "SUPER" people

choctawlb

JJ we enjoy both old and new pieces, and would love to see your finds. Evidently "Fishhawk" does not really know anyone on this forum. It is the appreciation of the work of the ancients that has led each of us to recreate stone tools.
Ken

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Post your finds, JJ, we would love to see em. We`ll even make educated guesses on em. :D

birdman1

im jimmy james burns,, some know me as Jimmy Catch 5 on the bfhp,, but i have been fliping rocks for a good while now ,and have picked upa lot finds , i have some very interesting items , that all i can do is put them in my hand ,to try to imagin what they could have done with this tool ,, i seem to find a lot of scrapprers ,of various sizes ,, also i have buckets of schards ,, that should have been classified as ( leaverite) leave her rite dar..lol but i also wanted to talk to the master knappers on here ,, to give me some closeure ,,to what all i have ,,

90 % of the items were found , in hall county behind my house ,,if i get some input ill show them
Would love to see some picture"s man, You may very well have some artifacts that none of us have ever seen, There are a lot of knowledgable folks on here jj that can help you I.D your finds, History is fading we need to revive it, With finds that we have found, history stories as well as all of our new works of art that reflects the past, jj you will not find a better group of folks than on here, anyone on here will help you if we can.:cheers:

birdman1

What is your reason fish hawk for trying to make it out like, "WE" the folks that are passionate about our history are not willing to help , I am sure that 1 post that you posted just slipped thru we are human are you not, these fellers and gal's are great i read these post every day and all i see is these folks helping each other out maybe you should check this primitive skills post out more often, New skills are carried on by the old skills, If you ever need help in I.D of a object please post, We will try to I.D it for you or others folks i have tons of resource books PM me.:cheers:

Handgunner

Bring on the pictures! I love lookin' at artifacts... of any kind!

bam_bam

Now them points aint 6000 years old. Havent you ever heard of the new earth theory:bounce:

mamatried

Son Anderson always said a picture improves any thread and hes right about that, shame about the ear, Kinchafoonee find Lee Co. GA
IMG_1008.jpg

Handgunner

Son Anderson always said a picture improves any thread and hes right about that, shame about the ear, Kinchafoonee find Lee Co. GA
IMG_1008.jpg
Very nice and you're right, that broken ear is a heartbreaker!

bam_bam

Sweet point! I would be beside myself if I found one that nice.