deer sees/hears/'knows' you're drawing down on it,,,,,,

Alan in GA

what would you guess your percentage is for deer that sensed you drawing your bow for the shot? For instance,,the arrow made a noise against the rest,,feathers ruffled, bow limb bumps the tree stand arm,deer SEES you,,,etc, etc,
I have had pretty good luck,,it would seem that more deer would hear or see me drawing my bow.
Alan in GA.

Harvester

50% if in a stand. #1 I stand and the top part of a climber may retract a bit and makes a noise. #2 The shrink tubing done wore off the rest:eek: so metal to metal during draw. #3 elbow and sholder have a good chance of popping during draw.

25% otg IMO

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I would say that maybe 15% or so knows something is not right when I draw back.

Jim

duke13

So if the deer does react to your draw and is alerted do you change your point of aim to compensate for jumping the string?

BOWHUNTER!

That depends on how close the deer is. If it is at 20 yrds or more, I will hold a little lower. Them suckers can drop fast!

Bow Only

A very low percentage, less than 10%. Letting a deer hear you draw is ok one time, but it should never happen again. Correct whatever problems exist. Deer seeing you draw is more experience and set up. That is always changing with every location and every situation is different. Learning better ways to hide takes time.

RThomas

Only once that I can remember while bow hunting. The bottom part of the bow hit a tree limb as I was moving the bow into position. Never been caught drawing back. I try to make the bow sliding across the rest as quiet as possible before I ever get into the stand.

Arrow Flinger

What Bowonly said. The longer you do it, the less it happens. I can't remember the last on that caught me drawing.

kcausey

Banned
Less than 10%

I'm a pretty Sneaky Feller. I hunt as high as i can and still get a good shot, wear 3-D Leafy suit, and always make sure i have cover from adjacent trees. I have camoed everything on my bow and/or stand that might reflect when moved. I also hunt out of Summit Climbers. I have hunted from API's, TomKats, all types of lock ons, Cougar Claws, Ole'Man's.......Summit is by far the quietest due to the way it digs in very tight to any type of tree. I think that stands fro a lot when you have to stand up and shoot.
Kip