little robin hood

captainhook

If you live close to Academy in Mcdonough stop by and let her try out the Nuclear Ice. They let my 5yr old shoot it, even adjusted it for his draw.
That's what he's getting for x-mas, just don't tell him.

Awesome deer for your son. Can't wait till mine can sit in a stand for more than 45min.

I live in Statesboro so Academy will be a little far for me.
I am with you, I can't wait til mine can sit in a stand period though. She says she wants to go hog hunting but if they aren't there when we walk up we probably wouldn't see any. I'd be lucky if she could sit still for 45 seconds!

HawgWild23

That is just awesome! It might as well been a B&C. You should be extremely proud of him and yourself for teaching him the great sport of archery hunting. Way to go son and dad. This story has made my day!

Amen One the best stories I have read on here. Congrats rh

bigmike39

THANKS GUYS for all your kind words!
As for the Nuclear Ice it is agreat little package to start a kid off with. I would also recommend starting them with a release instead of fingers. I adjusted the bow to the lowest poundage and helped draw until he could do it on his own.

wildcats

Congrats to both of ya......great shot little man....way to show all of us how it's done!

captainhook

THANKS GUYS for all your kind words!
As for the Nuclear Ice it is agreat little package to start a kid off with. I would also recommend starting them with a release instead of fingers. I adjusted the bow to the lowest poundage and helped draw until he could do it on his own.

Thanks for the advice on the NI. My local shop sells Diamond among others. I will go see Carl and see what he thinks will work best for my little one. She already put in that it has to be pink. The NI looks like a sweet little bow.

Last edited:

jeff doster

Lil robinhood

Well I just want to brag a little on my 7yr.old son.He has been shooting a bow since he was about 4yrs. old,this year I up graded him from a nuclear ice to a hoyt ruckus. I took him hunting on eve. hunt on 9/18/11,we saw 2 bucks that afternoon,3PT.& 8PT. the 3pt came in @ 20 yds so I let him sling an arrow he made a perfect shot .The deer ran about 100yds.and piled up! I am so proud of him,it is so awesome to have kid that wants to go hunting everytime I go out the door. I will try to get a pic up tomorrow.:yeah:

Great job! Keep up the good work! Great job dad