Ground Venison

Hunterrs

GONetwork Member
I found that when making sausage, I get great results from using almost half pork fat. Kind of ruins the leanness of deer meat, but it tastes great!

QuakerBoy

I do what Tom does. about 20% for sausage. I don't eat burgers so my ground is for sauce, chili etc so I add no fat

dbone

Outdoor Cafe Moderator
20% for sausage 10% for burger , measure by total weight of the ground , If you want leaner burgers you can always skip the fat and simply add a small hand full of instant potatoes and mix well this will hold your burger together !!

Jeff Phillips

0%

I add an egg to help hold it together.

Mrbowdeadly

good tips on holdin burgers together fellas, thanks.

MBD

DanSmith

Banned
when making deerburger use cheap fat beef hamburger ., good taste & enough fat to fry! you WILL be a believer!! ;)

whchunter

Explained

when making deerburger use cheap fat beef hamburger ., good taste & enough fat to fry! you WILL be a believer!! ;)

When making burgers, I buy cheap ground beef (hamburger) and mix with my pure ground venison 50/50. Makes good burgers, much better and makes plenty.

No fat for ground venison.

For many dishes, I don't add fat.

For other dishes, I add a binder depending on the dish. A little Italian sausage mixed in with burger meat makes a good solid burger.

Egg and bread crumbs for meatballs.

Be careful with the fat for venison, it will go rancid on you. I prefer to leave it out and add it later if I need it for whatever I am cooking.

shortround1

Gone But Not Forgotten
i like the 25-06 avatar. reminds me of the two blonds walking down the street and discovered a compact . one picked it up and opened it to see the mirror. she said "she looks familar" the other grabs it out of her hand and looks. you fool its me!

Fishin & Hunting

I put about 10% pork or beef fat. With this much, when you fry it up for chili and stuff, you don't even have to drain the fat off. Is none,