Help identify dog breed ...

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
For 100% positive sure not English coonhounds, I've owed enough of them over the years. Those look like some type of hound crossed with some kind of pointer to me. They should either point coons or tree quail.

mattuga

Banned
For 100% positive sure not English coonhounds, I've owed enough of them over the years. Those look like some type of hound crossed with some kind of pointer to me. They should either point coons or tree quail.

Hahaha! Agreed on the hound and English pointer, heavy dose of pointer I think if they aren't full grown. Reading their faces the one on the right looks like it wants to do work. It is pure speculation but someone might have had their hunting dog bred on accident by an unwanted male hound/mutt. Awful what someone who you thought were good people will do to a litter like that.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I'd say beagle and pointer cross , good thing u are doing , I'd bet they would make a good trailing dog or just a good loyal pet , good luck finding them a home!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Looks like the one on the right has some birdog in it. Either way you have done a good thing. The last dog I will ever have, was a drop off. He was mostly walker and after getting him over the trauma of the obvious abuse he had been subjected too he became my best friend. RIP Odell.

wobin

Banned
Or both. But probably good at biscuit eating.

Jim Baker

Staff member
Both have some speckling on legs, same shape head. Might be litter mates. Same mamma different papa.