0-0-60 ?

DUKE

My soil test calls for 90 lb of 0-0-60 and 124 lb of 34-0-0.
The 34-0-0 I can get from Home Depot but where can I get the 0-0-60 and what is the price for it?

nrh0011

0-0-60 is potash, check your local coop or feed store. Where are you located? I bet some guys on here could give you a few different places to find it, and it's usually fairly cheap compared to other fertilizers.

Forest Grump

My soil test calls for 90 lb of 0-0-60 and 124 lb of 34-0-0.
The 34-0-0 I can get from Home Depot but where can I get the 0-0-60 and what is the price for it?

0-0-60 or 0-0-55 is Potash, potassium chloride or nitrate; which can be purchased bulk or bagged.

My question is: WHY did they give you that Hrecommendation, which appears to be a prescription for turf grass? If that is what you are growing, use a grass fertilizer high in N, low P, mod K. Generally, turf recommendations now are allergic to P, but it is due to the bias that everybody applies excess P that gets into runoff water, & that there is plenty in the soil in your yard, which may or may not be true. Don't fret if it has a little P in it.

If you are growing food plot plants, most folks need roughly as much P as K; why did they tell you No P? :huh:

Your recommendations are pretty high unless you are farming for a positive cash flow; if you are food plotting, in the majority of cases, you can apply about half what is recommended to produce a crop, & still get a good result.

DUKE

Here are the resultsKINDLE_CAMERA_1472940355000.jpg

Attachments

• KINDLE_CAMERA_1472940404000.jpg
    KINDLE_CAMERA_1472940404000.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 648

nrh0011

0-0-60 or 0-0-55 is Potash, potassium chloride or nitrate; which can be purchased bulk or bagged.

My question is: WHY did they give you that Hrecommendation, which appears to be a prescription for turf grass? If that is what you are growing, use a grass fertilizer high in N, low P, mod K. Generally, turf recommendations now are allergic to P, but it is due to the bias that everybody applies excess P that gets into runoff water, & that there is plenty in the soil in your yard, which may or may not be true. Don't fret if it has a little P in it.

If you are growing food plot plants, most folks need roughly as much P as K; why did they tell you No P? :huh:

Your recommendations are pretty high unless you are farming for a positive cash flow; if you are food plotting, in the majority of cases, you can apply about half what is recommended to produce a crop, & still get a good result.

I'm also puzzled by no additon of P.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I would work on that 5.6 ph before I would worry to much about the fert requirements.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

DUKE

I have added the appropriate amount of lime to bring up the ph according to the soil test results.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I needed some 0-0-60 too. I got it at Athens Seed in Watkinsville for $17.50 for 50 lb. 34-0-0 was about $15.50