God's firstborn nation?

Artfuldodger

Exodus 4:22
Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son,23"So I said to you, 'Let My son go that he may serve Me'; but you have refused to let him go. Behold, I will kill your son, your firstborn."

Romans 9:4
the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory and the covenants; theirs the giving of the Law, the temple worship, and the promises.

Considering that Israel is God's firstborn, does this by adoption, choice, election, etc. give them any rights of a firstborn son?

1gr8bldr

Exodus 4:22
Then say to Pharaoh, 'This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son,23"So I said to you, 'Let My son go that he may serve Me'; but you have refused to let him go. Behold, I will kill your son, your firstborn."

Romans 9:4
the people of Israel. Theirs is the adoption as sons; theirs the divine glory and the covenants; theirs the giving of the Law, the temple worship, and the promises.

Considering that Israel is God's firstborn, does this by adoption, choice, election, etc. give them any rights of a firstborn son?
Well we know that many of Israel died the wrath of God for different sins during the journey. So, I have asked myself also, How is a nation, rather than a son called the firstborn. Total loss for any answer other than prophetic that the firstborn comes through the nations bloodline. Even that makes no sense. I'm about well from being sick all week so I might not play here much longer, it will be back to work for me.

Artfuldodger

Is any great value, weight or importance is placed upon the firstborn? Do they have a certain ligation? Do they get a double inheritance?

Romans 11:28
As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs,

Ezekiel 36:26
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.

Some time in the future the firstborn must be redeemed. Weird that the firstborn would be redeemed later but Romans 11 tells us that it will.

Maybe this is the same old discussion but how does Israel being the firstborn tie into the discussion?
Israel was taken out of Egypt to worship God. Israel bears God's name being his firstborn nation.

Artfuldodger

Well we know that many of Israel died the wrath of God for different sins during the journey. So, I have asked myself also, How is a nation, rather than a son called the firstborn. Total loss for any answer other than prophetic that the firstborn comes through the nations bloodline. Even that makes no sense. I'm about well from being sick all week so I might not play here much longer, it will be back to work for me.

Oh no, work. Hope you are feeling "more well" soon.

I've thought about the connection of Jesus in relation to the blessings of all nations coming from Israel. True he was the blessing from Israel but this is more than that.

God calls Israel his firstborn nation. He thought of Israel as his firstborn to the point that he killed Egypt's firstborn sons.
God compared physical Israel with firstborn Sons. He wanted his firstborn(Israel) released to Serve him.

1gr8bldr

Oh no, work. Hope you are feeling "more well" soon.

I've thought about the connection of Jesus in relation to the blessings of all nations coming from Israel. True he was the blessing from Israel but this is more than that.

God calls Israel his firstborn nation. He thought of Israel as his firstborn to the point that he killed Egypt's firstborn sons.
God compared physical Israel with firstborn Sons. He wanted his firstborn(Israel) released to Serve him.
Years ago, I chased every angle, and came up empty handed. I can't see it how a nation could be a son other than in a prophetic sense. Hope you can find something I missed

gordon 2

Sometimes we think in boxes...of tic-e-tacky.

The Hebrew slaves of Egypt are sons by adoption... They are spiritually lost and adulterous ( not always lovers of God) and God takes them in regardless. ( Said He heard their cries.) So they are first born adopted sons--as they are not issued out of the Lords life giving power... yet! They are not Adams and in many ways they are the opposite of Abraham and as they are mostly faithless. ( They are the world's down trodden.)

The volley of the servant son is from Moses to Mary. Through his ministering God will guide his servant first born son until Mary ( Mary means lover of God) is born... which in my view is the Zenith of God's purpose for his son Israel. ( PS It is said that Moses had a sister named Mary or Miryam or Mir-jahu or "God-loving". It is Mary who said, "My soul magnifies the Lord." which is a substantial change of soul makeup from the days of Moses.

Don't forget that Moses was an Egyptian culturally. And God had him at diplomatic odds with a prideful Egyptian Pharaoh with many sons...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_children_of_Ramesses_II

When it comes to heads of states God has the biggest button I guess... Mega!

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Sometimes we think in boxes...of tic-e-tacky.

The Hebrew slaves of Egypt are sons by adoption... They are spiritually lost and adulterous ( not always lovers of God) and God takes them in regardless. ( Said He heard their cries.) So they are first born adopted sons--as they are not issued out of the Lords life giving power... yet! They are not Adams and in many ways they are the opposite of Abraham and as they are mostly faithless. ( They are the world's down trodden.)

The volley of the servant son is from Moses to Mary. Through his ministering God will guide his servant first born son until Mary ( Mary means lover of God) is born... which in my view is the Zenith of God's purpose for his son Israel. ( PS It is said that Moses had a sister named Mary or Miryam or Mir-jahu or "God-loving". It is Mary who said, "My soul magnifies the Lord." which is a substantial change of soul makeup from the days of Moses.

Don't forget that Moses was an Egyptian culturally. And God had him at diplomatic odds with a prideful Egyptian Pharaoh with many sons...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_children_of_Ramesses_II

When it comes to heads of states God has the biggest button I guess... Mega!

We do, inferior or cheap material sometimes forms us. We end up being the product of the process. We pass this along. Could be from a university or a Church.

I think the lesson from the song is to not let anyone place you in a box. University or Denomination. Live in a Tree house. Get your knowledge from a wanderer. Ask a Jew. Talk to a prostitute. Listen to the wind. Watch an ant at work. Help a Muslim. Laugh with a Hindu.

Beyond that, what is the answer? How does one become an individual thinker when we've been groomed our whole lives not to be?