Scope on your shotgun or not?

dhsnke

Just wondering how many other people turkey hunt with scopes on their shotguns. I put one one my shotgun about 20 years ago and love it.

hambone50

I personally do not but I am in the process of helping my dad set up his old Mossberg 500 with one. His vision has cost him a few gobblers the last couple of seasons. What's a good shotgun scope in your opinion?

six

I used one for years. But switched to a Vortex Venom red dot a couple years ago after getting bit by the scope. I really like the venom and wish I had switched a lot sooner. I liked the scope but the venom suits me better while turkey hunting.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Just did it last year. The open sight, bead shot a little low & to the right.
The scope clicked the pattern dead center.

dhsnke

I personally do not but I am in the process of helping my dad set up his old Mossberg 500 with one. His vision has cost him a few gobblers the last couple of seasons. What's a good shotgun scope in your opinion?

I have a Bushnell Banner on mine with the circle-x reticle. It has been a good scope and does not lose center. I shoot 3.5 inch Winchester XR and it holds up fine.

j_seph

Had one on mine, not sure if scope was mad with a closer eye relief than normal but after a few shots and the scope brushing the hair of my eyebrow it got removed.

PappyHoel

I just use the true glow sights. I personally don't feel the need to snipe a turkey with a shotgun.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Used tru glow sights for years. Decided to change to a red dot scope. Best move I ever made. Really increased my guns performance making it dead center with the pattern instead of high left like it was.

WaltL1

I do.
Have this same scope on my 870 Turkey -
I have a Bushnell Banner on mine with the circle-x reticle. It has been a good scope and does not lose center.
Has worked great for a number of years now.
I personally don't feel the need to snipe a turkey with a shotgun.
Me either but with failing eye sight, being able to make a clean kill is kind of nice.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I also use the Simmons pro diamond, and I love sniping turkeys with it !!!

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I also use the Simmons pro diamond, and I love sniping turkeys with it !!!

Don’t know what mine is. Scope name. Will check on it. Had the pro diamond on and other gun long time ago. Good scope.
Question, just how far can u snipe one.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Never have. Never even considered it. But it doesn't bother me if other people do it.

deast1988

I had a Burris fast fire an a redfield accelerator red dot on 2 of my 20gas.

Last season I put a Leupold Mark AR 1.5x4 on it just because I like the mag range it's dial in dead on at 25yds. It prints patterns to center out to 50yds.

I got one at 28yds one at 42yds last spring no issues at all. I liked it enough I left it on the gun.

I'll get a Turkey Leupold same mag range for my 870 before season.

Red dots were nice, but weather An battery's an upkeep. Actual scope on a shotgun lets me treat it more like a deer gun. I'm use to a rifle, so scope on my shotgun has worked great for me.