Sixgun Fever

blackbear

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rwbHzIf-toE?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rwbHzIf-toE?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

GAR

Have 3 in 45 Colt, Redhawk, Bisley and a Blackhawk. All are feed a healthy diet of cast bullets. 255gr to 325gr.

Handloading for the old round significantly increases it's performance.

Tom

blackbear

Who can do a set of custom stag grips on a ruger here in Georgia?
Anyone know somebody thats fast return and does very good work?
most custom grips have to be fitted right?
Gar what hard cast bullets do you recommend?
Also will a 300XTP prolly shoot higher than a 250gr.?

blackbear

What do you guys shoot in your 45colt for hunting?I looked yesterday and local shops only had blue box federal 225gr.lead softs hollowpoints and 225gr.winchesters and 250gr.speer golddots..will a 225gr.shoot lower thana 250-255gr.?ALso will the lead softs be to soft for a big deer/hog?

GAR

Who can do a set of custom stag grips on a ruger here in Georgia?
Anyone know somebody thats fast return and does very good work?
most custom grips have to be fitted right?
Gar what hard cast bullets do you recommend?
Also will a 300XTP prolly shoot higher than a 250gr.?

I cast a couple of differant styles that I shoot out of my 45 Colt. Have some of the RCBS SAA style which is right at 285gr's or so. Have some LBT style WFNGC's that are right at 325grs and then I have a mold that lets me cast two styles of Hollow Points and a solid bullet from the same mold. The HP's are at 310gr's and the solid is 325gr. All of these are gas checked.

I got into bullet casting so I would not have to pay those outrageous prices from the likes of Cast Performance, Beartooth Bullets etc.

Hodgdon has some great load data for the old 45 Colt.

I'll try to get a picture up here in the next day or so.

Tom

GAR

Here is a picture of my loads for the 45 Colt.
Left to right:

285 gr RCBS 270 SAA
310gr Penta Hollowpoint
325gr LBT style WFNGC
325gr LBT style LFN GC

I cast all the bullets pictured from molds that I have. All are lubed and sized and gas checked if needed.

These rounds were developed for my Rugers and no other handguns.

Tom

Attachments

• 155.jpg
    155.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 1,366

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
Don't do this like this guy did. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

gt40

Attachments

• toe 4 .jpg
    toe 4 .jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,208
  • toe 3 .jpg
    toe 3 .jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,182
  • toe 2 .jpg
    toe 2 .jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,270
  • toe 1 .jpg
    toe 1 .jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,236

bowtie

ouch.....one way to clean the toe jam out....

LanceColeman

OUCH! does not even begin to describe that.

Black Bear,

Eagle mfg. does some real nice grips. But they pricey. I absolutely LOVE their checkered rose wood ruger grips.

blackbear

A1188-1.jpg

GOT BLACKHAWK?

yaines

BZZley

The correct pronunciation is BZZlee not BIsley , if you look at the scroll work on the cylinder there is a shooting scene , it is the shooting fields in Bisley England where international shooting events were held , the American team complained to COLT that the peacemaker grip frame was not allowing the accuracy they wanted , hence the BiZley frame was designed just for the American team to help them shoot better . Rugers version of the Bisley is not the same as the Colt.

redlevel

My first .45, from 1973. Paid $100 for the revolver and a box of shells. It remains unaltered.
IMG_0242.jpg

My latest .45, from just before Christmas 2010. Just a little difference in the price, but not so much considering what I was making then and now. I wish the trigger was as good on this one as it is on the three screw. I just load ammo and shoot, and the triggers improve.
DSC02787.jpg

JWarren

My first .45, from 1973. Paid $100 for the revolver and a box of shells. It remains unaltered.

I'll give you that $100 back and you can shoot the ammo before we do the deal.....