Question for Bayer Tree & Shrub users

Georgia Hard Hunter

This is for the guys putting Bayer Tree & Shrub directly on your dogs simlar to Frontline. Are you using it straight out of the bottle or are you diluting it?

watermedic

I use 4 cc for 10 lbs of body weight every 30 days. Remember that is what I use, I am not a vet.

grouper throat

I use 5cc straight from the bottle per dog every month (50-60lb dogs). I put it down the backbone in between the shoulder blades to hips. There's alot of info on the net about it on hunting dog websites if you look.

Jeremiah Glaze

1 cc per 10 lbs once a month during spring n summer in between shoulder blades ...been doing it for about 3 years now...just switched to Bayer complete insect instead of tree n shrub ... Cant find it w/o fertilizer an complete is supposed to prevent n kill ticks as well where tree an shrub doesn't ...

nanney1

All of the Bayer formulas (tree and shrub, or complete insect killer) in my area are the Advanced which also feeds the soil. I assume this is similar to the Ortho + which adds a fertilizer and is not recommended for pet application?

specialk

All of the Bayer formulas (tree and shrub, or complete insect killer) in my area are the Advanced which also feeds the soil. I assume this is similar to the Ortho + which adds a fertilizer and is not recommended for pet application?

correct.....watch the labels.....my Wal-Mart has the non-fert variety sometimes...

I use pemectrin 10 on the dogs (1;200) from tractor supply directly on the dogs and seven dust granules (TSC-last 3 months) around the pens. Keeps ants, flys, etc. away and the pemectrin 10 will kill ants @ 2.5 ounces per gallon. Don't have no problems with flys, MOSQUITOS, fleas, ticks, ants, wasp etc. away from my kennels, still might get a tick after running, but I always check my dogs for injuries and ticks.

DO NOT PUT DOGS IN UNTIL GRANULES DRY.

Just thought I would let y'all know it cost me around $40 to go around about 700 sq ft of kennels (granules-2 bags) and a small container of the pemethrin which has last a while (mixes with water).

It is worth it for all of the insects that it keeps away from you and your dogs.

Last edited:

Hillbilly stalker

The grub control by bayer is still available in a lot of places. It has the 1.47 % and no fertilizer. I use it straight.