Something different...

JB0704

I Gots Goats
This is the song I used to sing to my boy when he wuz a baby.........countless hours walkin up n down the hall with him singing this old tune, I wasn't much for lulabuys, I guess

JB0704

I Gots Goats
This is one of my favorite songs, not this particular version......but this version is the best to watch.....

WaltL1

So I'm a big fan of Leon Russell and came across this one for the believer crowd. And those who like Leon Russell.

Last edited:

WaltL1

Israel

BANNED
Yes. Leon also "Mad Dogs and Englishmen" tour.

WaltL1

Yes. Leon also "Mad Dogs and Englishmen" tour.

Mr. Joe Cocker! An all time favorite. Ive been to more Joe Cocker shows than any other band Ive seen..
Heres one from the Mad Dogs and Englishmen tour with Leon on the guitar. And note Leon's shirt ;)

Artfuldodger

I remember watching the "Mad Dogs and Englishmen" tour.
Speaking of Leon there are some interesting videos from Willies' picnics. Leon looks quite wasted at some of the picnics.

Ya'll remember Hank Wilson;

WaltL1

I guess I have an old soul but I love this old music
Its interesting what music fires off our little brain receptors.
For instance, the Leon Russell doing Jesus Will Take Me Home I posted above causes all that old religious indoctrination I have in me to come welling up to the surface and I have to cram it back it down and put it back in its place.
Its frightening :bounce:

red neck richie

Its interesting what music fires off our little brain receptors.
For instance, the Leon Russell doing Jesus Will Take Me Home I posted above causes all that old religious indoctrination I have in me to come welling up to the surface and I have to cram it back it down and put it back in its place.
Its frightening :bounce:

Go with the feeling Brother. What's the harm. Maybe it wasn't an indoctrination after all.

Israel

BANNED
Some of us remain in rehab...having required an intervention from indoctrinations.
And some simply no longer have the strength to play along with well dressed men who make up words to stand on stages...pounding pulpits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcn6v7IaIfA

WaltL1

Ive been listening to some Tina Guo lately.
The cello aint what it used to be.
<div style="position:relative;height:0;padding-bottom:56.25%"></div>

WaltL1

An oldie but goodie :D

red neck richie

So instead of debating the usual, I thought this might be interesting.......
How about we all post some of our favorite music? Not just a song that you like but the music that gives you what some may describe as a "religious experience", the kind of music that moves your "soul".
Often you can learn alot about a person by the music that moves them. Maybe even some of you folks that read along in here but rarely, if ever, post will participate.
If possible, please try to post a video as opposed to the names of a group or song.
Anybody interested? I'll start out....

Walt. Don't know how I missed this?

oldfella1962

I didn't know you were a zoomie.
Thanks for serving! :flag:

me too! I was AF 1980-1984 and ARMY 1988-2006.
I get a kick out of when Army guys call the AF "The Chair Force". :rolleyes: both branches are easier or harder than the other depending on your job specialty and other factors. All part of the same team if you ask me. :)