Need ammo help for 7mm rem mag

david c

Ok ... I need to know what you've found to be the MOST ACCURATE factory ammo. Not interested right now on how the bullet affects game. I'm just looking for the most accurate at the moment.

I'm a firm believer that each gun likes 1 bullet a little more than others when it comes to accuracy and I'm trying to avoid buying 7 different boxes of bullets.

Gun is a Browning x bolt medallion with a 26 inch octagon barrel.

I greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.

deast1988

Buy 3 boxes get a buddy to do the same. 3 shot groups to see what shoots most consistent its pricy yes. But only way to know is shoot a big variaty each gun is different totally agree.

jmoser

My 7mag Abolt always liked 160 gr bullets - Accubond and Sierra Game King.

Hint: factory chambers usually have generous freebore in magnums; try a bullet designed for longer jump like Accubond or Barnes.

If your rifle has shorter throat then stick with traditional bullets like Sierra or Hornady Interlock etc.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Rem. 700, Sierra Game Kings shoot well for me.

Lilly001

I have three 7mm mags. A 700 Rem Sendero that loves cheap 150 gr Remington corelocks, a Wetherby vanguard that shoots Federal premium 160 gr Nosler partitions the best, and an Encore that will shoot about any ammo the same.
I have always started with the cheapest/most available first and the gone from there.
jmoser had a good point about matching up your freebore.

HunterJoe24

My 7mm shoots 160g the best. I reload some, but box ammo I shoot Barnes, Superformance, and Federal loaded with the partition

rosewood

Before I started reloading I bought the GA Arms 150 grain Nosler BT which was dead accurate in my Savage 7 mag.