St Simons area

Al White

I've been inshore fishing a few times, but never had my own saltwater boat until now. I'm a tried and true cork watcher for bream and love bass fishing, and am not looking for anyone's best spots. I would like some advice on recommended artificial lures vs. live bait for the St Simons area, from two way to marinas on island - just some general advice on bringing some fish back to cook. Looking to do the first trip in a week or so, and appreciate any input!

Scallen

Hi Al,

What kind of boat are we talking about. I can point you to some inshore areas and techniques. Offshore - not so much.

Al White

Thanks! 17 ft flats boat - ranger cayman

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Contact Captain Tim Cutting, (Wharfrat) he'll hook you up, super nice guy and VERY knowledgable...

Mexican Squealer

Great fishing out of Village Creek landing either direction. Gold DOA's 18" under a popping cork are something I do well with. Mud minnows for flounder. Plenty of shrimp in the creeks live bait is everywhere. You got a great boat for catching tailing fish. Some good flood tide flats down at the south end of Rainbow Island. I mostly fly fish for tailers but gold spoons and white flukes will get you bit. Tons of great fishing out of two way. DoBoy sound and Sapalo sound offer amazing fishing in most creeks.

Silver Bullet

Pick a ramp. Put in around low tide. Look for shell bars along the grass and at creek mouths. Mark said areas with GPS. Fish these areas with jigs and plastics 18-24" under a popping cork. Live bait is awesome, but expensive. Also try your favorite topwaters and small jerk baits. If you end up getting stuck, the water will be returning in only a couple of hours instead of a whole tide cycle.
SB