Another monster from Rabun (pics added)

jigman29

My brother in law killed a 535lb bear Monday eve from up here. I haven't gotten his permission to post a pic yet but will soon as hes ok with it. Been tearing up jack in a cornfield up here and he helped the farmers out with it. Thie must be the year for big bears up here.

Last edited:

PappyHoel

That's a monster even for up there. Was it as big as a VW?

PappyHoel

Lol, don't reckon. But it was bigger than a breadbasket

I saw one on blood mountain about 20 years ago that stood next to and older VW Bug and it was every bit as big. He wasn't afraid of people and was just roaming the parking lot. I kept my distance.

jigman29

Here's his. Weighed 535. His daughter shot a 200lb opening weekend off another cornfield with the crossbow. Been a great year for them.

Attachments

• IMG_4751.jpg
    IMG_4751.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 1,515
  • IMG_4616.jpg
    IMG_4616.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 1,378

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
That's a big 'un for sho. I've got some pics of one on a cornfield in Blairsville that might give it a run for its money.

jigman29

That's a big 'un for sho. I've got some pics of one on a cornfield in Blairsville that might give it a run for its money.

I have a buddy in Hiawassee that swears he has one in hos corn thatll go 600. I have only knew a few guys that have killed them over 400. Takes a heck of a bear to break 400. Never thought I would see 2 over 500 in one season

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Takes a heck of a bear to break 400. Never thought I would see 2 over 500 in one season

It seems like 500+ is becoming more common up around these parts. I know I have pics from 3 bears in the last 5 years that would break the 500lb mark and a guy showed me a picture the other day of one in his yard that I honestly believe would be over 600.

Here's some pics of my most recent, you decide how much you think it weighs. The first pic I've included for scale is a thick Lab that's probably 100lbs, give or take. I figure this bear might push 500.

37596167076_d115f18415_b.jpg

37612601212_f2d679f077_b.jpg

The mtn man

It seems like 500+ is becoming more common up around these parts. I know I have pics from 3 bears in the last 5 years that would break the 500lb mark and a guy showed me a picture the other day of one in his yard that I honestly believe would be over 600.

Here's some pics of my most recent, you decide how much you think it weighs. The first pic I've included for scale is a thick Lab that's probably 100lbs, give or take. I figure this bear might push 500.

37596167076_d115f18415_b.jpg

37612601212_f2d679f077_b.jpg
Hey, that's a good looking lab, I'd be willing to bet that the guy that owns that lab is an awesome dude!!!!

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Hey, that's a good looking lab, I'd be willing to bet that the guy that owns that lab is an awesome dude!!!!

Ha, I might ask that awesome dude for help if I get lucky and manage to stick that bear. :bounce:

Latest posts