Century Arms C308 .308 Semiautomatic Rifle

thumper523

Does anyone have any experience with this rifle? I've been looking for an AR style 308 to use occasionally for hog hunting. Also, going to put some type of night vision without breaking the bank, any suggestions here as well.

doomtrpr_z71

I have a century arms cetme which was the predecessor to the c308, do yourself a favor and buy an ar10, there's not much difference in price. Century welds on the scope rail so it may or may not be right. Palmetto state puts their's on sale for 599 and I can get the dpms oracle 308 for 625 local, you'd be better off with either.

transfixer

I have a century arms cetme which was the predecessor to the c308, do yourself a favor and buy an ar10, there's not much difference in price. Century welds on the scope rail so it may or may not be right. Palmetto state puts their's on sale for 599 and I can get the dpms oracle 308 for 625 local, you'd be better off with either.

I had a cetme as well years ago, while the rollerblock action is probably better for a battle rifle, those rifles weren't known for accuracy, and it says they weight 8lbs ? I swear the one I had felt heavier than that, triggers are not usually that good on those either, I agree with the previous post, if I wanted a .308 I'd watch Palmettos daily deals for when they put those on sale, you'll get much better accuracy with those I'm sure.

GunnSmokeer

A friend had the CETME from Century Arms about 15 years ago.
He never tried to scope it. It was iron sights only, although he heard a scope mount was available.

After an initial break-in period of 200 rounds and a little polishing the bolt, it ran reliably. Very little recoil and NO noticeable muzzle climb. Just a straight push back, but not up.

We only shot it at 25, 50, and 100 yards, but the accuracy with cheap mil-surp ammo was on par with what I get with my M1A and M1 Garand with similar ammo, and far better accuracy than an AK or SKS rifle.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
The centuries are CETME parts kits built on a new US-made receiver. There's some differences in a variety of the parts between a CETME and HK91 but in form and use, they're the same.

A PTR-91 is a true copy of HK91. Fun to shoot and accurate but they do beat up brass. I shot my first deer with one :)

They are relatively heavy but the mags are cheap. If I was in the market right now, I'd just build an AR-10 from Palmetto rather than risk it with Century.

dick7.62

You will probably be better off with anything besides a Century product. About 15 years ago, before I knew better, I bought a Century L1A1(I believe they called it R1A1). I shot it a few times OK and then it went to crap. I cant get it straightened out and hardly anyone wants to work on it. Right now it is a single shot rifle. I've heard Century makes a lot of junk. I wish I had one of those Palmetto AR-10s instead of my L1A1.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
I have a WASR that's fine but ended up getting burnt on a Century Galil. Still doesn't run reliably and sits in my safe.