Ohh neat, our own forum...sort of....

pnome

So, why is "Apologetics" allowed here?

The Christians get their own forum where we can't disagree, but we get our forum, where they can come to disagree. Seems like we're getting the short end of the stick here...

Tell ya what though. I think I prefer it this way.

Yes. Christian Apologists! You are welcome to come here and try your best arguments.

We don't need a place to hide.
We don't need a "safe room".
We don't want an echo chamber.

jmharris23

So, why is "Apologetics" allowed here?

The Christians get their own forum where we can't disagree, but we get our forum, where they can come to disagree. Seems like we're getting the short end of the stick here...

Tell ya what though. I think I prefer it this way.

Yes. Christian Apologists! You are welcome to come here and try your best arguments.

We don't need a place to hide.
We don't need a "safe room".
We don't want an echo chamber.

Just a few return volleys back at ya. The Christian "safe room" will see it's share of arguments I am sure. But they will be among people who at least have some type of common ground.

I guess it depends on what side of the fence you're on as to whether you're getting the short end of the stick....

While the Christians will undoubtedly disagree from time to time, there are many who still enjoy fellowship among like minded people without someone "more intelligent" coming in and telling them how stupid they are for having blind faith. Because that happened so regularly it was my feeling that they were getting the "short end."

The separation of the forums is designed so that someone who believes can have a discussion with another beliver without that happening... on that you are correct.

The reason Apologetics is allowed in here is so the few of you who don't believe would have somethign to do:D

I am glad you like it though;)

earl

Banned
I don't suppose you have the stats ,in the SF , of how many Christians got banned vs how many agnostics and atheists ? Pretty telling .

jmharris23

I don't suppose you have the stats ,in the SF , of how many Christians got banned vs how many agnostics and atheists ? Pretty telling .

I do not... but it wouldnt matter anyway. There are way more believers than non believers in the forum so the chances are greater simply based on percentages.

earl

Banned
Well...........OK.

dominantpredator

Banned from where? Here? I would be more worried about being banned from God and living eternity seperated from those I loved and that have loved me. If I am wrong than so what.....if you are wrong than....well, I guess we will see. I do not believe for a second that all of creation was an accident. Where did all these marvelous things come from? I am not so much into religion anymore. I will never lose my faith in my creator. I firmly believe that I will see my grandfather again. And my daddy will be there too. And it will all come to be, this is a promise from our Father.

ambush80

Banned from where? Here? I would be more worried about being banned from God and living eternity seperated from those I loved and that have loved me. If I am wrong than so what.....if you are wrong than....well, I guess we will see. I do not believe for a second that all of creation was an accident. Where did all these marvelous things come from? I am not so much into religion anymore. I will never lose my faith in my creator. I firmly believe that I will see my grandfather again. And my daddy will be there too. And it will all come to be, this is a promise from our Father.

Why are you not afraid to go to Samsara, the He11 of the Buddhists or to the He11 of the Muslims. Because you think they are full of it, right? That's how I feel about all of them.

I am soooo not afraid of your He11 any more than anyone else's. You guys sound like scaredy cats.

earl

Banned
There are a few differences of opinion on whether you will even recognize your loved ones . You are supposed to be spending all your time worshiping God aren't you ?

My comment on banning was a jab at the temperament of Christians . You must have missed my post re humor.

jason4445

Mark Twain visited Hawaii and commented on what a delightful happy people they were - that they lived and died for thousands of years knowing nothing of he!!

ted_BSR

Yeah, the truth will get you banned. The bible says we will be outcast, made fun of, persecuted. Thanks for the affirmation!!!

atlashunter

Just a few return volleys back at ya. The Christian "safe room" will see it's share of arguments I am sure. But they will be among people who at least have some type of common ground.

I guess it depends on what side of the fence you're on as to whether you're getting the short end of the stick....

While the Christians will undoubtedly disagree from time to time, there are many who still enjoy fellowship among like minded people without someone "more intelligent" coming in and telling them how stupid they are for having blind faith. Because that happened so regularly it was my feeling that they were getting the "short end."

The separation of the forums is designed so that someone who believes can have a discussion with another beliver without that happening... on that you are correct.

The reason Apologetics is allowed in here is so the few of you who don't believe would have somethign to do:D

I am glad you like it though;)

^Sounds like a safe space to me. But I don't begrudge them that if that is what they need. And the apologists are welcome down here with the more intelligent. :cheers:

Israel

BANNED
^Sounds like a safe space to me. But I don't begrudge them that if that is what they need. And the apologists are welcome down here with the more intelligent. :cheers:

LOL...now that's funny, no matter who you are.

My intelligence almost took affront, it was surely ready to...

Thanks for the heads up.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Seems like we're getting the short end of the stick here...

Atheists should be used to getting the short end of the stick. You all do in the end.