Attachments

• IMG_1197.jpg
    IMG_1197.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,188
  • IMG_1190.jpg
    IMG_1190.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,183

fishdog

We got some more, but they would not download.
They were from 36" to 40" give or take (our tape only went through 36").

drmadMower

HOGDIGITY!!! Wait a minute.. how far off the beach, lol! Going for a week starting Friday.. last year at this time, I went to Hatteras village the day they re-opened, had lines ripped from reels first day, skunked the rest of the week, lol. Here's hoping this fall season has something like the legendary 2013!

fishdog

Catching bulls is very complex. I will give it to you step by step.
1) go buy some dead mullet
2) go to the beach or pier
3) cut a big chunk of mullet on a 4/0 hook and cast it out.
4) if you have a boat go in front of the king and prince

drmadMower

Catching bulls is very complex. I will give it to you step by step.
1) go buy some dead mullet
2) go to the beach or pier
3) cut a big chunk of mullet on a 4/0 hook and cast it out.
4) if you have a boat go in front of the king and prince

Headed down tomorrow!
1)Will buy 20 lbs Mullet(+nets, seine,drop and cast)
2)Try Beach(North and Pier)
3)Cut 'chunks' (and go 2,4,6,8,10, and 18/0 hooks onto 12)
poles:)
4)drink honey mead and watch boats

Thanks, was hoping 'Reds are off the beach!' might mean running the surf lines! (If you see 4 guys with like poles and one BIGGG cart, stop by for a cupfull)

WalkinDead

Banned
Fished the north jetty (north side of jetty, incoming tide) out of St. Mary's Wednesday, there about four hours, caught six bull reds and a mess of whiting. Chummed with shrimp heads from seining the night before we went. Used blue crab halves (caught seining) for the red fish and shrimp for the whiting.

fishdog

Why

...and get yourself stranded. Hope no one actually does that in anything bigger than a surf board.
I was there in 18 to 22' of water

Scallen

I was there in 18 to 22' of water

I do hear they are there, no doubt. But as you round that corner you can go from that 22' to nothing in a hurry - and they move, so the sand bars this year are not the sand bars next year.

s6xJSV.png

fishdog

I don't think google is a good navigation tool, but go ahead. Last week and for a bunch of years, people go there to fish. If you use real navigation maps you might notice a shipping lane that runs through there.

Scallen

I don't think google is a good navigation tool, but go ahead. Last week and for a bunch of years, people go there to fish. If you use real navigation maps you might notice a shipping lane that runs through there.

You mean like NOAA chart 11506, that shows all the shoals in front of that area? I guess it comes down to how far "in front of" is, but it is certainly an area to be careful in.

qhxkAG.png

Mexican Squealer

This^^^^^...that has been a well know spot to fish for years. The famous King and Prince whiting bite occurs in that very spot. Any given weekend you can see plenty of boats there. Shoals are easy to navigate with minimal electronics. Got to go to know I guess.

fishdog

This^^^^^...that has been a well know spot to fish for years. The famous King and Prince whiting bite occurs in that very spot. Any given weekend you can see plenty of boats there. Shoals are easy to navigate with minimal electronics. Got to go to know I guess.

I have fished it for years and there are sand bars and they do move, but it's not bad at all. And the rewards are great.

WalkinDead

Banned
Wife and I went to the north beach of Jekyll Friday, fished for about four hours using cut mullet, caught 5 bull reds and a 54" Lemon shark. Went back Saturday for two hours after seining and caught one more bull red. If you're going to surf fish for bull reds, now would be a good time.

fishdog

I don't know if I want anything to do with 5 bulls!
That's a bunch of work!

Scallen

Tried to go out front of the island Saturday, but the chop was just too big to stay out there and we got tired of being thrown around after about 20 min. Did get a nice bull in the sound off the north end of Jekyll.

WalkinDead

Banned
A buddy and I went to the St. Mary's jetty today, fished about 6 hours, caught and released 8 bull reds and took home a mess of whiting. Had a great time.

jugliner

Fishdog - I wanted to thank you for your post! Last wednesday the wife and I were fishing by Cumberland and trying to get on some bull reds. My bro and sis in law were down from Ohio too, in their boat, and he really wanted a big red. We were talking about looking into the K&P, and came home and saw your thread. We went over Thursday morning and in a couple hours my wife and I boated a half dozen, and my bro and sis in law got about that many too. As new folks to the area I really appreciate the help you guys give on here! (We were the ones running around in the blue Pioneer 197 with the wiener dog on the seat.)

jl

37OSdWk.jpg

Last edited: