Twiggs county 2016

thumper523

What's going on? I haven't been down since bow opener and checking on what's the trend right now.
Has the west side seen any rain?
Mike

thumper523

Gun Opener

Went down and hunted opening day, we had about 2/3's of our members down. Saw some decent deer but no shooters. The daggum wind was fierce all afternoon until it laid about 6 ish. It was so dry and dusty, I couldn't see the tail end of my trailer going down dirt road. I heard some shooting but most of it was coming off Ocmulgee WMA.
Anyone else?

thumper523

Heading Down

I will be leaving out tomorrow morning and hoping to see a good shooter. The best activity on our club always seems to be around Thanksgiving. The rut is different around the river than the rest of Twiggs. I'll be on the power line just under a mile away hoping he will come by. :shoot::shoot:

thumper523

Chasing good

Well, I hunted Friday through Sunday and saw chasing and heard a lot of grunting. I got 2 shooters on camera and 1 came by and something has broken his main beam and 2 points on other side, let him pass. Buddy killed a 125" plus 8 pointer following a pack of does. Another member killed a basic 2 1/2 yr old 8 following a doe. Sunday was the best morning.

thumper523

Some damage

We had a 12' box blind blow over that was staked to the ground, another members tri-pod and one other stand with roof gone.
Saw a lot of trees across inner roads in club, overall everything looked good.