New Rig Question

sadler2

Bought me a new rig. Looking to do a lil bit of everything with it from flats fishing, to duck hunting. I'm looking for some advise as to mounting transducer for my graphs. Thought about going with one of the adhesive on plates to screw it to and just taking it off when I plan to just hunt. I know prodigy offers a transducer mod that is ideal, but not really wanting to carry my boat up there just to get it added on. What have some you guys done in this situation?

Attachments

• Prodigy.jpg
    Prodigy.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 492

kevbo3333

I've seen some mud boats with a ram mount kayak looking transducer mount. Tell us about you're boat, it looks good.

sadler2

Thanks very satisfied with it so far.
1751 with 21" sides
V rake
Deck hatch
Extended deck
Full floors
Driver half box
Drop deck with 2 steps
Reverse lights
Prodigy 6 switch panel
Shark eyes
10 gallon fuel tank
Prodigy camo bottoms
Magic tilt galvanized trailer
Trolling motor bracket
Hydroturf throughout boat
Catwalks with trays underneath
2 seat bases
LED lightbar
Spud pole kit
Green interior lights

Mud Buddy 37efi HDR
Voodoo exhaust

rnelson5

Get the adjustable transducer mount from Chad. Just make sure you remember to adjust it UP when going through mud and junk............ ask me how I know.........

Gaducker

Any shop that can weld aluminum should be able to throw you an adjustable transducer bracket on there lickity split. I made mine from scrap square tube.

kevbo3333

But they can't paint it that pretty bottom land camo!!!!!!

Gaducker, anyway you can post a pic of yours. I am about to put a new unit on my rig and want something adjustable so when I get in the nasty stuff I want mess it up.

sadler2

Transducer mount

Prodigy transducer mount.

Attachments

• transducer mount.jpg
    transducer mount.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 379
  • transducer mount 2.png
    transducer mount 2.png
    92.4 KB · Views: 398

dom

fyi, prodigy now has one that can be added by yourself without welding. I just added one to my boat. 4 bolts with some sealant and it works like a dream.

sadler2

fyi, prodigy now has one that can be added by yourself without welding. I just added one to my boat. 4 bolts with some sealant and it works like a dream.

ill call chad and find out about that. what was the price tag on it? Thanks I'm loving it so far. Took the wife out this weekend and caught some trout on the coast.

dom

ill call chad and find out about that. what was the price tag on it? Thanks I'm loving it so far. Took the wife out this weekend and caught some trout on the coast.

call them about it or email em. i dont remember the cost of it. but it was way faster than having a welder deal with it.

GSURugger

ditto on the prodigy mount. I've got a gator trax older than Prodigy with the exact same thing. works well.

Gaducker

If you end up getting one from chad cut the plat off the top and give your self enough cable to pull the entire unit out of the bottom and you can zip tie it to the motor mount or turn it upside down during duck season so you don't break it off.

Last edited: