Who wants to try hog hunting with Thermal?

Gentleman4561

Hey folks! I recently joined the pro-staff at ATN and would love to do some hog hunting with y'all.

I will supply the guns, thermal equipment and ammo...you just need the land.

I am just north of Atlanta, but willing to travel.

Shoot me an IM if you're interested!

Cleankill47

If you can get a sponsor from the military, Fort Benning has a hog problem and last I heard there's still a $40 bounty per head on killed hogs. I'm hoping to go in the summer sometime.

Gentleman4561

Still an option!

chase870

Possum Sox
I have a ATN and a IR Hunter. Do you have any way to get ATN to match the customer service that I get from the IR Hunter people. P.M. me if need be to avoid service issues on an open form

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
A friend of mine sent me this about hunting at night and asked me to post it here:

I use ATN conventional night vision scopes with enhanced infrared lighting. I can identify the difference between critters... red vs gray fox vs house cat vs raccoon vs possum... german shepherd vs coyote, dog vs fox, etc, etc. out to 200 yards! I have investigated the ATN thermal optic line in great detail and would not touch one with a ten foot pole! Using thermal to me looked like shooting at glowing blobs vs counting the hairs on a gray fox tail at 100 yards as I do with my ATN Gen 3+ night vision scopes. If you are a member of that forum you can anonymously pass my words along to it. I would appreciate the web address once again if you do.

I have shot more than 200 predators with night vision and knew exactly what I was shooting at every time! With thermal...not so and there would have been many a house pet laid to rest!

Thanks
Frank

gt40

2bbshot

A friend of mine sent me this about hunting at night and asked me to post it here:

I use ATN conventional night vision scopes with enhanced infrared lighting. I can identify the difference between critters... red vs gray fox vs house cat vs raccoon vs possum... german shepherd vs coyote, dog vs fox, etc, etc. out to 200 yards! I have investigated the ATN thermal optic line in great detail and would not touch one with a ten foot pole! Using thermal to me looked like shooting at glowing blobs vs counting the hairs on a gray fox tail at 100 yards as I do with my ATN Gen 3+ night vision scopes. If you are a member of that forum you can anonymously pass my words along to it. I would appreciate the web address once again if you do.

I have shot more than 200 predators with night vision and knew exactly what I was shooting at every time! With thermal...not so and there would have been many a house pet laid to rest!

Thanks
Frank

gt40

Not NV hunting much at all anymore with the little ones but when I was I always preferred to spot with a handheld thermal and shoot with gen 3 night vision. I hunt around a lot of bears and with the thermal I have you can not tell a bear from a hog beyond 100 yards. It's too big a risk, with that night vision I know exactly what I'm shooting. Maybe a poor reference but at a reasonable distance you could have bob, bill and Mike stand there and you could say left to right bill, mark, bob. Thermal I can afford wasn't like that like that 5 years ago. That said if I didn't have the bears I woulda have a IR hunter on my night pig gun there so slick. They weren't an option when I was deep in it.