Fishin after a hurricane

Thanks BWebb88 not a problem. I finally got out this afternoon. Fished around the runway and caught a bunch of trout. Managed 7 keepers, lost an over 20” at the boat �� and one short red. Caught everything on gulp under a cork despite having a live well full of finger mullet. They just wouldn’t eat those. �� Fish bit like crazy from 2-4 then they just shut down. Going after then tomorrow, I’ll post up the results.

HuntinJake_23

Got up early to fish the beautiful surf, it was calm and no wind. Caught plenty of catfish, ladyfish, and small whiting. Mid morning my girlfriend caught a keeper red fish. Gonna give the bay a shot this evening.

Attachments

• IMG_5571.jpg
    IMG_5571.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 342

HuntinJake_23

Took a inshore guided trip this morning with Captain Doug Scarabin and had a blast. He put us in the white trout right away and every time the bait hit the water we had a fish on; ended up with 31 total. Then we moved around and tried to find the red fish, it was tough at first; but we got on them and caught 5 total: 2 were nice slots, one was small, and another big slot broke off at the boat. Not bad for a 4 hour trip!!

Attachments

• IMG_5601.jpg
    IMG_5601.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 290

BWebb88

heck ya.
don't think ive ever seen a white trout. ha!

how much did it cost you? ive wondered about hiring a guide but never knew where to start.

HuntinJake_23

heck ya.
don't think ive ever seen a white trout. ha!

how much did it cost you? ive wondered about hiring a guide but never knew where to start.

The guide we used I have used in the past, Cpt. Doug Scarabin, for inshore it was $450 for 5 people and 4 hours which is considered a half day. He also does offshore. He just got a new V-twin hull, twin 150hp Motors, and it's 26.5ft. Fits 6 very comfortably!!

Msteele

Got home yesterday. Weather was great all week for SGI. Wednesday and Thursday we fished off shore. Plenty of blue runners and cigars out there for bait. Lots of Cuda's, snappers, amberjacks, few kings, few groupers and of course sharks.

Relaxed the rest of the time. Can't wait to go do it again.