Help Please 2016 F150 issues

hogdgz

I have a 2016 5.0 f150 fx4 that has right at 60,000 miles. (I drive a lot for work) The past week it has started throwing a warning saying "engine coolant over temp' and the fans kick into high gear and my temp gauge on the dash bottoms out to cold. I can cut the truck off and turn it right back on and everything is fine and the gauge goes to normal range and fans cut off. The engine is not overheating and the coolant and all is good. I am thinking there is a bad sensor and have googled it and been crawling all under my truck to locate the sensor but cannot find it. I hope this is all it is because our dealer suck and my warranty is out I am sure, because its 25,000 bumper to bumper and 60,000 powertrain and I am sure they will consider this electrical. This couldn't have come at a worse time, work, and Christmas and I know my dealer would have it forever.

can anyone help me in locating the sensors?

Last edited:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
i would try arguing that it is emissions based because it won't pass and emissions test now, and that is 100,000 mile warranty

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I am sure you are going to get grief from the dealer, but if they are wanting to help you out any, that would be a way to do it. It is going to depend on how generous your dealer is feeling that day.

hogdgz

I am sure you are going to get grief from the dealer, but if they are wanting to help you out any, that would be a way to do it. It is going to depend on how generous your dealer is feeling that day.

Maybe I will take some donuts and coffee and pass them out to the guys when I get there. maybe that will put them in a helping mood. Thanks again

RUTTNBUCK

Gone But Not Forgotten
Chase the service manager at the Ford dealership in Sandersville would most likely tell you where the sensor is located, he has helped me like that a few times.

If you happened to be in Sandersville anytime in the near future

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
you should be able to find the location of the sensor on AllData also.

I have a 13 5.0 that I just had to replace a plastic part in the cooling system. It had developed a leak. I always put my trucks in the shop at 100K and have them go over them with a fine tooth comb. It is a local independent shop run by a Ford trained mechanic. I don't remember what the part was right off, but I know Bruce said it was underneath the truck, and he had to order the part from Ford.

hogdgz

you should be able to find the location of the sensor on AllData also.

I have a 13 5.0 that I just had to replace a plastic part in the cooling system. It had developed a leak. I always put my trucks in the shop at 100K and have them go over them with a fine tooth comb. It is a local independent shop run by a Ford trained mechanic. I don't remember what the part was right off, but I know Bruce said it was underneath the truck, and he had to order the part from Ford.

thanks NE Pappy, I will check alldata.

bullfrog79

which engine? it will have a cylinder head temp sensor, located on the back of the rh (passenger) side head if its a 5.0 or 3.5. not real easy to get at. could also be a programming issue that needs to be updated.

hogdgz

which engine? it will have a cylinder head temp sensor, located on the back of the rh (passenger) side head if its a 5.0 or 3.5. not real easy to get at. could also be a programming issue that needs to be updated.

Thanks bullfrog, that's what a mechanic at alocal shop said today. I guess I have to give in and take it to the dealer tommorw, I have an appointment. The local mechanic said the exact same thing you did but his computer wouldn't read it. thanks for the help guys

boatbuilder

got it fixed, it was the sensor

Did you have to pay for the sensor?

I have a 2015 5.0 4x4 and the electronics on it do funny things sometimes. The dealer always says they cannot replicate it.

These would be awesome trucks if they would do some real engineering and simplify them.