Question !

LNK

I have MUCH deer on my property so corn would be eaten up quickly.
QUESTION..couple weeks ago hogs sign was very close to my home.Then 2 night ago they were back even closer.I'm sure they are hogs because of all the ground destruction.I want to hunt them but don't know how or what to bait with.How do you guys draw them in and set up a pattern..
All info appreciated.....larry..Wilkes county

bany

Deer will not generally eat all the corn. Pigs however will eat every kernel. Since they are hanging around they will come to a feeder,you just need to be there. You may get to see them twice before they move or go nocturnal. If there’s a good food source around they may not leave the area. Good luck

j_seph

You need to put a camera up or personally see them so you know when they are coming through. The one I killed last week I had seen the week before. The 2nd time I seen him he was over 300 yards from the 1st encounter. When I killed him he was 100 yards from 2nd sighting. I got lucky and he was a lone boar who had setup camp on our club in the last couple weeks. He had been photoed on 3 other clubs during the season and I reckon he had came to where no one had been hunting at and made him a new home for a little while. I would use corn, may be hard to do now with the cool weather but you can fill a bucket up with corn, pour a half gallon of milk into it, a beer, a packet of yeast, then finish off with water and set in sun until it sours. Could even add a pack of grape kool-aid if you wanted. Hogs seem to love it.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I have MUCH deer on my property so corn would be eaten up quickly.
QUESTION..couple weeks ago hogs sign was very close to my home.Then 2 night ago they were back even closer.I'm sure they are hogs because of all the ground destruction.I want to hunt them but don't know how or what to bait with.How do you guys draw them in and set up a pattern..
All info appreciated.....larry..Wilkes county

Pigs will keep coming back til what they come for is gon, or something scares them off.........keep in mind a new sounder or Singleton may go through the same processes. I say set up a corn pile and spend the night if this is the first you’ve seen of them coming so close to the house.. tonight:clap:

Definitely set up a trail camera.......