How's it going? (Migration report for Georgia )

How's everyone season going so far? Have seen less birds it seems like in east Georgia.

Had a descent number of woodies two weeks ago, but have seen no new birds since then (except a pair of unlucky black ducks)

Just wondering how the rest of the state is doing/what y'all are seeing.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

Lots of divers, lots of wood ducks, a single green wing drake, two old squaws, 2 shovelers, a widgeon drake, and a lot of mallards. I've seen more birds than any other season.

T-N-T

Had a pair of mallards try to work day before yesterday. And a pair about two weeks ago.
Other than that, Woodies here at the house.

Plenty of hooded mergansers in th marsh a few weeks ago

MudDucker

Staff member
Birds come and go. They seem to mostly gone now.

hrstille

Piles of wood ducks have moved in our river swamp. Past 2 mornings we've killed 3 man limits in less that 15 minutes. This weekend should be good pretty much all over the south.

Thanks the Lord, he sent us some ducks this morning. Seems like the mallards showed up overnight.

Cool how the freezing cold up north can bring some ducks down to our neck of the woods.

Attachments

• Snapchat-279823422.jpg
    Snapchat-279823422.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 675

T-N-T

Ga veterans state park is loaded with black diving ducks....

Scoters?

T-N-T

Oh, I mean lake blackshear

dawhoo

Coastal SC was slow yesterday morning, but reports of mallards showing up in the upper part of state today. I would imagine that would mean birds beginning to arrive in GA as well.

hrstille

Sling some wheat and dry molasses in a beaver pond on Monday and get ready for a show the following Saturday.

T-N-T

Sling some wheat and dry molasses in a beaver pond on Monday and get ready for a show the following Saturday.

What ever do you mean?