Not such a good week in Mississippi

HuntDawg

Hunted my lease in the Delta a this week. Saturday was good. Mix bag of 20 ducks with 4 hunters. Sunday morning it rained cats and dogs. Went Sunday afternoon and had about 6 groups of teal in balls of 50 to 75 birds work and land in my flooded field. Laid it to them.

Monday through Wednesday was not good.

1. Had to fish my shotgun out of the water.

2. 4 wheeler ripped rear tire. No one in town with a size anywhere near to fit.

3. Buddy got food poisoning. Could not hunt for 2 days.

4. Other buddies pregnant wife admitted to hospital with flu. He had to leave.

5. Check engine light came on my truck.

6. I hyperextended my knee. Kept hunting on it. Am paying the price today.

Told my buddy Wednesday night that my butt is going home.

Still love Duck Hunting, but the last 4 days were terrible.

T-N-T

Sounds like a Blast! Wish I could have been there.

:cheers:

27metalman

It's a strange addiction for sure! Sad that some people don't understand. Maybe luck will turn for you before the end of the season. At least you killing ducks. :clap:

HuntDawg

Yes, we are killing ducks. Our blind move into the Levi and putting up gates has seemed to have made a huge difference on the quality of shots. Just need this knee to get back right before the next trip.

Another good thing is my buddy got his Boykin on her first hunt. Wouldn't you know it I shot a snow goose right after legal light. Her first attempt was a dang injured goose larger than her. She did not fair well, as she had never seen a Goose, much less a flopping Goose. She did well on ducks though.

DeweyDuck

No good deed goes unpunished!

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Sounds like my trip last year. I'm hoping this year is going to be awesome for us. I'm due up.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I always wondered what I was missing.
Think we all have had a adventure like that doing something in the outdoor.
Hope buddies wife gets better.

HuntDawg

Just got back from Mississippi again. My fields are over 3 inches thick in ice. Could not break with a 4 wheeler. Needed sledge hammer. Came back today. No birds anywhere near my fields. I have never not been able to break ice. Headed back after the thaw.