Dropped the tailgate and fired up the grill.

Dub

Enjoyed being home after being gone this past week.

Sure felt good firing up the grill yesterday afternoon for some boneless shicken breasts.

Sliced up some cukes & peppers and put them in a couple jars of my pulled pork finishing sauce to see how they'd taste as salad toppers.

Wife loved them.

Gotta have the blue cheese.

Also sautéed some shrooms in red wine vinegar & butter.

Last edited:

ryork

Looks great! Has been just about too cold for me to fire up the grill much lately....... I did a couple of times and about froze to death.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
:cool:

Duff

Yea Man!!!

Dub

Thanks, guys.

Felt great to play with fire again after a week-long reliance on restaurant meals.

Had some fun times, but I'm all about playing with my own grills.

Looks great! Has been just about too cold for me to fire up the grill much lately....... I did a couple of times and about froze to death.

Thanks.

What is funny was that I started off with the intention of washing my wife's car. Grill was in the way of the pressure washer and was the first thing rolled out.

Hooked up the pressure washer but ice in the supply hose wasn't cooperating.

The ice on her car should have been my first clue that this was a futile attempt.

I did vacuum it out at least.

Put the pressure washer gear up and started to roll the grill back into the garage.....and thought better of it.

It already had the Vortex insert in it so I simply lit a fire starter and piled some Kingsford over it and let it ride.

Two beers later she was on cruise control and ready for the yardbird that was dusted with this tasty seasoning I've been seeing in my local Neighborhood Market:

https://twistdq.com/products/seasonings/crazy-chic-seasoning/

Going to try their "Off The Hook" version on some salmon later on this evening.

ryork

What is funny was that I started off with the intention of washing my wife's car.

Way too cold for that IMHO! It's 1:45 or so as I type and we're still sitting at 32 degrees here this afternoon. We've been above freezing for just a few hours total all week long.

I'm going to do something on the grill this weekend at some point one way or the other. Something that doesn't require much prolonged oversight!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Cold winter day righteousness right there. You're a brave man Dub. I'm with ryork on the weather and outdoor cooking. It's just too cold.

But I'll knock out your leftovers so you don't have anything left to clean up.:bounce:

Dub

Thank you RYork & Elfii.

Had some more tailgate dropping fun tonight.

Cooked up this rice.....added more water than it called for......and some cream cheese....and stuffed this peppas with it and some red onion & Serrano peppers.

MOTS

Always spot on Dub! I'm also too cold to grill myself!

naildrvr

Man Dub, that's some fine looking vittles!!! I bet you got some jealous neighbors. All these guys that says it's too cold to grill just don't like to eat.:D

MOTS

Man Dub, that's some fine looking vittles!!! I bet you got some jealous neighbors. All these guys that says it's too cold to grill just don't like to eat.:D

Nah man! We cookin wit grease!

little rascal

Do it up,,,,

Dub Man!!!
I have cooked outside under so many extreme conditions it's ridiculous! I guess we are always testing ourselves to see if we can get it done!
So much more satisfying than standing in line at Longhorns or O"Charlies!!!!!

Dub

Always spot on Dub! I'm also too cold to grill myself!

Thanks. Was in the upper 30's during this cook. Not even a coat needed. Garage was perfect wind brake.

Thanks. :cool:

Nah man! We cookin wit grease!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dub Man!!!
I have cooked outside under so many extreme conditions it's ridiculous! I guess we are always testing ourselves to see if we can get it done!
So much more satisfying than standing in line at Longhorns or O"Charlies!!!!!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Wow Dub!!!! That all looks great and to do it under those conditions is awesome. :cheers:

Dub

Wow Dub!!!! That all looks great and to do it under those conditions is awesome. :cheers:

Thanks.

High 30's and not much wind at all.

Garage side of the house is on the lee side so it looks like I'm firing up the handy Weber again for this afternoon's grub. :cool:

Wife said I'm :crazy: but then again she understands how much fun I have goofing around with the grills.

Dub

And so it begins again......

Salads made......

Not much to worry about in terms of leftovers.

Last edited: