Recomended archery shops

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
If you're in North GA and are looking for a bow tech with a true passion for not only the sport but for also making sure the customer is 100% satisfied , go see Randy Cooper at Non-typical archery in Woodstock. I'm blown away by how much better my bow is shooting after picking it up a couple weeks ago. Randy took the time to explain to me in detail everything my bow was doing and everything he did to correct it. Where ever you live, it's well worth the drive to pay him a visit.

hallroyal

Social Circle Ace Home Center
Social Circle, GA

Kenneth and Big John hooked me up today with some much needed advice! I brought an old Myles Keller Magnum Legend up there and they helped me get it shooting true. I will most definitely be upgrading and buying from Social Circle. I'm glad to have found these guys, go check them out!

Samoset

Peach tree city, Newnan area?

Need a good pro shop within 30 min of Sharpsburgh peactree city area. That's open on Sunday's and willing to help a complete newb get setup with first compound hunting bow and arrows.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

GhostRed7

I hate to necro, but having just gone through my first purchase as a new archer, I have to also support:

Mitch's Archery & Deer Cooler
115 Longview Dr
Canton, GA 30114

From the youngest there to Mitch. They were friendly, very knowledgeable, and very helpful.

whitetailfreak

I recently made my first trip to Grant's Sporting Goods since Kevin reopened the family business as "Son's of Grants". I can recommend these guys with confidence. I ended up with an Obsession Turmoil, and the Archery Tech was knowledgeable and professional. He gave me one on one service for over an hour while I shot and asked questions. After attempting to do business with a local PSE dealer (I have shot PSE for the last 6 or 7 years) who came across as bow snobs, I couldn't be happier with my experience at Grant's.

Last edited:

Tadder

New NEGA ARCHERY SHOP. SAM BOW'S ARCHERY in Ila, Ga. They want you shooting your best so they Tune To Profection. Come check them out. I think there holding a Grand Open in Aug. Watch for them on Face Book. 240 main st. Ila. Ga. 706 789 0090

Curvebow05

Kinda new to the whole bow thing, But I cant imagine any being much better than Wildcat Archery in the Savannah area... Pooler to be exact...
X2 on Wildcat Archery. Best shop and management around the Savannah area. I drive an hour to get anything done that I need. I've been around enough shops to know when to stick with one.

drewskyc

I am not a bow hunter as I hunt with firearms but I have been entertaining the idea of attempting it with either a crossbow or compound bow. Anyway today I was out in Woodstock and stumbled on this place:

Backwood Bowstrings
3333 Trickum Road
Woodstock, GA 30188

Owner was nice and knowledgeable. He offered lessons reasonably priced too. I am thinking of going back with my son as archery is something we can practice together in our back yard.

Tadder

Sam Bows Archery LLC Ila ,GA 706 789 0090. Why 106 just north of Athens 15 mins. approx. 12 noon 8 pm M-F , Sat dates and times will change dew too shooting out of town. Mid AUG. LOOK FOR SAT. time. Thank you. Catch us on Facebook.

BowArrow

BOWTREADER is a new full service archery shop in Statesboro, Ga. They carry several major brands of bows and crossbows and archery supplies. The bow tec. made some adjustments on my bow that will help. Their address is 23320 Hwy 80 E. less than half mile pass Harbor Freight on left. Tele. 912-225-1630. Was pleasantly surprised with the new store and the friendly service.

Curvebow05

BOWTREADER is a new full service archery shop in Statesboro, Ga. They carry several major brands of bows and crossbows and archery supplies. The bow tec. made some adjustments on my bow that will help. Their address is 23320 Hwy 80 E. less than half mile pass Harbor Freight on left. Tele. 912-225-1630. Was pleasantly surprised with the new store and the friendly service.
X2 on Bowtreader! John and his staff are great, and the family is always around the shop. Gives them a much different feel than the normal shop. Great selection of bows and equipment and will order anything you need.

drewskyc

I made a post about Backwoods Bow Strings last year. I dabbled in archery but never really hunted with a bow as I appreciate the high percentage of my 30.06. Shop was nice though. Owner was a good guy.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago. My wife has gotten the bug for bow hunting and she ordered a bow on Amazon. Nice bow but as with a lot internet purchases it had some quirks. The 3 pin site was all jacked up on it. I dropped it off over at Backwoods and they had her taken care of that day no problem. Highly recommend