Lanier - Tough day but some good fish

Lanier Jim

Out today with Tom and his son Tommy. They wanted to work on drop shot and sonar so that's all we did. It was a grind all day - a lot of window shoppers but we did manage 14 fish with some good ones!

Big Tom started to get the hang of it and Tommy got pretty dang good at boat control. Throughout the day, we marked brushpiles loaded with fish...and had fish chasing bait on top all day. But - we stuck to our guns and continued to drop shot.

We had a double two times....and on one hole, fellow forum member CMH pulled up to us while we dropped on some fish. About that time - I saw a big suspended fish....pulled up to her and got her to chase my bait...."tick"....and a few minutes later, boated a solid 5# spot. About 30 minutes prior - we had boated one around 2.5#-3# at another place. We hit about 25 places staying north of Browns Bridge most of the time since they have a tourney on Sunday out of Duckett Mill.

LJ's Passion2 boated both good fish....and we had several good keepers throughout the day - and Robo's Red Crawler did some damage too. The entire day was a hoot.....a ton of laughs as this dad and son team were masters at trash talking.

Fun day - cheeks are sore from laughing - and some fish caught....can't ask for much more than that. Great to meet you today CMH and glad we had a witness to the big girl :)

Hope to see you out there....and folks - it's going to be crazy tomorrow on Lanier with the Poker Run. Already had one tragedy today - don't need another. LJ

Attachments

• KIMG1061.jpg
    KIMG1061.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 428
  • KIMG1064.jpg
    KIMG1064.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 423
  • KIMG1063.jpg
    KIMG1063.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 421
  • KIMG1065.jpg
    KIMG1065.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 430
  • KIMG1066.jpg
    KIMG1066.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 419
  • KIMG1062.jpg
    KIMG1062.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 413

CMH

I think I marked more fish and bigger schools today than ever before (no kidding!) but they were not interested in my offerings other than topwater. I even tried to feed them a spoon to no avail. Yes LJ, that was quite a slice of humble pie. She was a big girl no doubt. Great to meet you today and thanks for being a gentleman and for the sharing that spot with me even if you did rob it blind!!!

Lanier Jim

LoL.....we did catch a few off it. No problem with sharing the hole...just fun fishing and enjoyed the conversation.