New Recurve

Cavalry Scout

I broke down and ordered a Samick Sage after hearing so much good about it. Couple of questions:

* Is there a "Break In" period or things that should be done, or not done?

* At 50lbs with a 28 in draw, 62 in bow,shooting off the shelf,,, What would be a good arrow set up to Start tuning with? (Carbon)

* Is a fast flight string a good idea?

* any advice on arrow tuning is also welcome.
Thanks, Andy

frankwright

The Fast Flite or "skinny strings" are fine as is a good b-50 dacron string. But buy or have someone make you a good Flemish twist string so you can adjust your brace height properly.
Most any carbon arrow in the .500 spine range should work and even some .600 will work.
Just put your bow together per the instructions, make sure the string is laying correctly in the grooves in the limb. Brace height will be 7.5 to 8" or so.
Shoot it and see what you like. You probably will want to add some string silencers too.

Skunkhound

Before I bought mine, I reads many reviews complaining about the string it comes with, so I ordered a new string from get go. Never tried the stock string, since I prefer twisted strings anyway.

Cavalry Scout

Got my bow this afternoon. Cant say enough good things about Twig Archery!! Super nice, answered all my questions, bow got here in two days! The only complaint is a lot of string slap so far. I will have to get some mole skin and put on the limbs. Shooting 28 1/4 35/55 GTs with a 125 tip. I think I need to be more like 29 inches with a much heavier leading edge! It is not a magic bullet, my form is still Badddddddd!