Red lights for night time pigs - Question

secerator

Wicked lights makes a light with red/green/white all in one (A67IC) and you switch by rotating a knob.
Works great.

I tested it in my back yard. Deer would not run on green or red. Rabbits would run on green but not on red.

Need to test it on yotes next. Will go with red. Nice to have all in one.

Just wish the adjustable gun mount had sturdier springs and would not wobble as easy. But it doesn't seem to mater much as it comes back to center.

We all use lights on our annual hog/gift hunt. I shot mine at 45 mins after SS this year using only the Firedot reticle in the VX-R scope. Hogs are pretty smart animals and tend to learn quickly. Typically the smaller hogs will show first followed by progressively larger ones.

Green lights are more easily seen by the human eye and a green bulb will seem brighter in the same light. if you're shooting long distances green will help. We were using all short range stands this year and went with red lights which seem to scare off the hogs less often.

We used both VRL-1 and Wicked Light models and I prefer the Wicked light as it has 3 brightness settings. The shorter the distance the less brightness needed and the dimmer the light the less spooky the hogs will be. We also like to put the light on (covered and set dim) and then aim the rifle high, bringing it down on target slowly. This seems to work best instead of pointing and then turning on the light.

Matt wimpey

We use sniper red lights. Works great and also has all the three color lens. Red doesn't spook hogs. I have tried to spook them and they act like nothings on.