Berrien county Alapaha river

sportsguy

Alapaha river

yeah we have about 3 miles of river frontage outside of the town of Willachochee, and we did not see a decent buck this year. This is the first year leasing the property and probably our last. Had some stuff stolen and poachers and seems that all the deer had been chased off. The property is beautiful and there are a mess of hogs and good fishing. Met our neighbor and he confirmed that past groups did not practice QDM and it showed. If u know of any land for lease in that area I would appreciate a heads up. Happy Trails

Whitetailer

sportsguy

I could check with my landowner to see if there is any property available, but he may not know until summer if someone is not getting in. No hogs on my land. What size property do you want? How many guys?

Whitetailer

sportsguy

I would appreciate that, we have 4 guys, looking for 300-400 acres. We practice QDM all older Veterans and responsible hunters. We have a cabin in Alapaha. Thanks

billy336

3 of us were up at the lease this passed weekend. Total we took 4 gobblers. The bird I killed gobbled on the limb, when he hit the ground, and all the way to the gun.

10 1/8" beard and 1" spurs. My first Georgia gobbler, great time Saturday on the banks of the Alapaha.

:cool:

creekhunter

Whitetailer's picture in GON's Magazine

Was pleased to pickup my May issue of GON Magazine this morning and see Whitetailer's picture on page 10, showing the 10-pointer he shot in Berrian County on Oct. 22!

Congratulations Whitetailer!:fine:

Whitetailer

creekhunter

How bout that!!

I got an email from Brad Gill a couple of weeks ago via the Woodies site. He said, I am going to publish a picture of that great Alapaha River buck you got last year, in the May issue of GON". I replied and asked if he needed any details, etc. and got no answer.

Is there an article about "sleeper counties for big bucks" or something? I can only assume that it is an article with a bunch of mature Buck, maybe from the south?

Thanks for letting me know.

Whitetailer.

creekhunter

Whitetailer

I'll have to read the magazine to see if there are any articles about sleeper counties. I'm not at home now and don't have the magazine with me.

It's a great photo. I'll let you know.

Whitetailer

There are a couple of my guys from the Keys up there now Turkey hunting. I will have to see if they can pick up a copy for me.

Whitetailer

Are u kiddin me???

I was fortunate enough to take the best deer of my career last season. A 10 pt. 18" wide w, 8" g-2's at 195 # on the scale live weight , biologists aged it at 5.5 y.o. plus. I will admit it was a total "gift". OK, whatever what would we do as deer hunters with out gifts? So I went up to my property last weekend to work. I last hunted the first week of December and left a trail cam on a tree close to a stand I hunted in earnest and had seen plenty of deer, including one animal that was obviously large of body and kept it's head down in tall growth as it walked between pine heads. I retrieved the trail cam last weekend and got two photo's of a Buck that clearly has g-2 and g-3 tines of 12 inches and a spread of 20 inches, well beyond the ears. THAT was last year.
JUST SAYING.
Whitetailer

creekhunter

Whitetailer

I'd like to see a picture of your buck and the one on your trailcam.

Did you see my trailcam picture in GON Magazine's July issue? It's on page 44 and it's titled "Watch For Snakes At Summer Feeders".

Whitetailer

Allen,

I do not subscribe to GON any more. I take it your trail cam captured a Rattlesnake at a feeder?? Think he was eating corn or the rodents that come to the corn?

Well, you saw a picture of my last season buck. The trail cam picture is "weird" as it was raining, but there is well enough detail to see immense antlers, with g-2 and 3's that appear to be a foot long with a spread of perhaps 20 inches. A second picture at a different attitude shows big time mass on the left tine.

I would prefer to email you those pictures if you like.

Russ

Whitetailer

seed

My landowner plants food plots. I over seed the plots with various no plow/throw and grow and grains after he plants and then fertilize a week or two after. I have purchased seed from Jernigan's and Dixon in Alapaha and also Adel Feed and Seed. I have in the past bought seed from Adams Briscoe seed Co. and Cooper seed Co.

Depending on what you want Jernigan's has a couple of different bags of "Deer Plot Mix" and other stuff such as Soybean and Pea's in 50# bags. Adel Feed and Seed would be one stop shopping with all the bulk bags and even the "Gucci" no plow stuff too.

Russ

Whitetailer

I am hoping my plots get planted by the third week of September. We do not plant earlier so as to not lose the plots to the dry/hot conditions. I would love to plant Spring plots, but it is not possible for me to get there to do it with my schedule.

good Luck Spear, let me know where you buy and what you plant.

Russ

spearjunky

Russ just got a 6 way seed mix from a place in Nashville got four plots in and shot a doe with my bow fri not bad days work