Night kayak fishing on Carters

gunnurse

I've read about fishing at night on Carters Lake. Is it foolish to think about fishing from a kayak at night. I don't have any electronics yet, so would this really be a hindrance to catching fish of any magnitude?

Also, would it be dangerous as far as motorized boats plowing me over? How about the general environment around the ramps at night. Can they be sketchy?

Lastly, I have only ever been on Carters at the Ridgeway area. Would this be my best launch site? Thanks for any input.

Beaudeane

There's goofballs at any place at night. I would make sure I had lights on any vessel on water at night for that reason. I don't run fast at night but some guys do. Also I've been around that lake since I was a kid & ridgeway has always been the most remote ramp on it. Fishing is good at times in that area & u know that changes during the year. I've always carried a pistol on myself when over there alone & only needed it once in bout 25 years of going. Not a bad place at all but idiots show up when least expected

660griz

You just gotta have a light running.

lytrotis

I've done quite a bit of night kayak fishing at Carters. You'll definitely want to make sure you are well lit and even then, stay out of main channels. You'll definitely want to get electronics rigged up first though.

gunnurse

Lower lake

Lower lake as in re-regulation lake? How's the fishing in it?