Transmission line size?

Lukikus2

2003 chevy silverado. Can anyone tell me the size the lines are? I haven't been able to find it for certain and have a pin hole in one I'm going to put a compression coupling on. Thanks

transfixer

should be 5/16, compression fitting is the way to go, don't be tempted to use a piece of rubber line, you'll regret it later.

transfixer

What are they?

They are metal/steel, pretty much the same material as metal brake line. If the bad spot is in a curve of the line, you can cut that section out with a tubing cutter and use a piece of 5/16 brake line from the parts store to replace it with, just use two compression fittings to add the splice piece. Try to keep the line in the same position it was in originally, other than to move it away from whatever it rubbed against. You just don't want to pull the lines too far out of place, as they need to stay centered in the fittings on the transmission case, if they are pulled out of whack the line can start leaking at the fitting .

Lukikus2

It must be 5/16 ID. I had 3/8 couplings to be sure. I'm glad because it's 3/8 OD. The fix. The tensioner was the culprit that caused the hole in the line.

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 48