Confusion

GeorgiaBob

1gt8bldr, stick around. I am somewhat new around here, but have read a lot of good, thoughtful, insights in this forum. Your beliefs have fewer "differences" than you might imagine and are not that far from others here, and those differences might help others see the real Light a little better, even if they do not see it through your eyes.

I have noted a few here who write as if they believe that the King James Bible is the Infallible Word of God, perfect and accurate in every detail. The very literal interpretation of the Bible is not uncommon. Honestly, can anyone prove that it is a "wrong" understanding? If these believers gain a closer relationship with God in that belief, that is a very good thing. Their take on God's Word sometimes causes me to pause and consider, and that is a good thing, too.

I have studied history, biblical and otherwise, and have come to an understanding of the Bible as a very human work, developed over thousands of years by hundreds of writers, redactors, editors, assemblers, copyists, and printers - all inspired by the one True God. In my understanding, the God inspired people who gave us God's Word used poetry, drama, metaphor, and legend, along with real stories, to give us many paths to a better relationship with God. "My" Bible is Truth that is greater than mere history or chronology. My belief is that the Bible is not a "history book" but instead a guide book, a means for each of us to find our own way to Christ and redemption.

Others on this forum have beliefs that do not fit either description, but they, too, appear to have found their path to God, a path that had been long prepared for them by a loving Creator who knew them well and completely. Still others seem to have become lost and argue angrily against God (see the "atheist, agnostic" board). Hopefully someone, someday, somehow, will open the right door for their journey to Christ. (Maybe you?)

I celebrate your insights, your questions, and your faith. Stick around, please.

Israel

BANNED
Maybe we make the mistake of thinking the stone in my hand is the ultimate of trueness (if that may be said)...because it has some sort of physical reality.

But that is only because I relate to it...in the physical/material , and by the presumptions (naturally found) of the physical/material that "this is the ultimate...the only real of all there is". Isn't that backwards...for the believer?

Do we not, have we not, taken the stance, assumed the position, received the gift of a knowing (through the mind of Christ)...that what is "of/in" God's mind...is ultimately all and only what is the true?
As for that stone I sometimes I hold, I am listening, and learning to, for the Hosannas I am told are already there, or maybe more the truth of it (?), I am only myself able to cry out such...because they already are there.

And I am merely one learning to join in, by the merciful putting to death of a rebel who once resisted, with a song and cry that has been established from the beginning.

gordon 2

Maybe we make the mistake of thinking the stone in my hand is the ultimate of trueness (if that may be said)...because it has some sort of physical reality.

But that is only because I relate to it...in the physical/material , and by the presumptions (naturally found) of the physical/material that "this is the ultimate...the only real of all there is". Isn't that backwards...for the believer?

Do we not, have we not, taken the stance, assumed the position, received the gift of a knowing (through the mind of Christ)...that what is "of/in" God's mind...is ultimately all and only what is the true?
As for that stone I sometimes I hold, I am listening, and learning to, for the Hosannas I am told are already there, or maybe more the truth of it (?), I am only myself able to cry out such...because they already are there.

And I am merely one learning to join in, by the merciful putting to death of a rebel who once resisted, with a song and cry that has been established from the beginning.

We are pilgrims and the heirs of pilgrims.

Rev_3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Last edited:

1gr8bldr

1gt8bldr, stick around. I am somewhat new around here, but have read a lot of good, thoughtful, insights in this forum. Your beliefs have fewer "differences" than you might imagine and are not that far from others here, and those differences might help others see the real Light a little better, even if they do not see it through your eyes.

I have noted a few here who write as if they believe that the King James Bible is the Infallible Word of God, perfect and accurate in every detail. The very literal interpretation of the Bible is not uncommon. Honestly, can anyone prove that it is a "wrong" understanding? If these believers gain a closer relationship with God in that belief, that is a very good thing. Their take on God's Word sometimes causes me to pause and consider, and that is a good thing, too.

I have studied history, biblical and otherwise, and have come to an understanding of the Bible as a very human work, developed over thousands of years by hundreds of writers, redactors, editors, assemblers, copyists, and printers - all inspired by the one True God. In my understanding, the God inspired people who gave us God's Word used poetry, drama, metaphor, and legend, along with real stories, to give us many paths to a better relationship with God. "My" Bible is Truth that is greater than mere history or chronology. My belief is that the Bible is not a "history book" but instead a guide book, a means for each of us to find our own way to Christ and redemption.

Others on this forum have beliefs that do not fit either description, but they, too, appear to have found their path to God, a path that had been long prepared for them by a loving Creator who knew them well and completely. Still others seem to have become lost and argue angrily against God (see the "atheist, agnostic" board). Hopefully someone, someday, somehow, will open the right door for their journey to Christ. (Maybe you?)

I celebrate your insights, your questions, and your faith. Stick around, please.
Thanks to you and the others who have decided you can tolerate me, LOL. The fact is, I love being spurred into deep bible thought and pondering over the things of God.... and the truth is, I have no fellowship, not finding any group that believes as I do. I stepped aside from this sub forum months ago feeling like I was intruding. Young Christians don't need to find my post that might challenge them. They need to grow much slower. Those who enjoy apologetics on the other hand, are prompted to sharpen their skills and learn the opposing views. I left because I had become a thorn. It's really hard to convey an attitude of discussion rather than pointed debate. However, I was prompted to view the threads after having went to a local church's Christmas singing. Arts thread about promises got me excited. And I jumped in, and here I am again for awhile, until I become that thorn again. Sometimes I think I can help apply OT foundations to the NT mindset, but it always ends up being a sharp contrast to the modern day beliefs. As for the bible, our beliefs may be more similar than most here with mine but likely still very different. To sum it up, I believe the foundation, simple gospel is found within the scriptures, that man was moved to write down and record what they thought to be truth, as they had it passed to them, which contained some embellishments, some errors, some mistakes, that have not effected the truth. However, I do believe translators have translated in a biased way that has confused many verses. But it is still the foundation that we have to use as the only source of maintaining a "standard" belief. It was successfully used to realize that praying to Mary was not validated in the scriptures, and so on. Do I believe it was HS guided..... as a whole yes, word for word, no. I'm rambling now so I will quit. Pardon me, I really enjoy talking about the bible

Spineyman

Thanks to you and the others who have decided you can tolerate me, LOL. The fact is, I love being spurred into deep bible thought and pondering over the things of God.... and the truth is, I have no fellowship, not finding any group that believes as I do. I stepped aside from this sub forum months ago feeling like I was intruding. Young Christians don't need to find my post that might challenge them. They need to grow much slower. Those who enjoy apologetics on the other hand, are prompted to sharpen their skills and learn the opposing views. I left because I had become a thorn. It's really hard to convey an attitude of discussion rather than pointed debate. However, I was prompted to view the threads after having went to a local church's Christmas singing. Arts thread about promises got me excited. And I jumped in, and here I am again for awhile, until I become that thorn again. Sometimes I think I can help apply OT foundations to the NT mindset, but it always ends up being a sharp contrast to the modern day beliefs. As for the bible, our beliefs may be more similar than most here with mine but likely still very different. To sum it up, I believe the foundation, simple gospel is found within the scriptures, that man was moved to write down and record what they thought to be truth, as they had it passed to them, which contained some embellishments, some errors, some mistakes, that have not effected the truth. However, I do believe translators have translated in a biased way that has confused many verses. But it is still the foundation that we have to use as the only source of maintaining a "standard" belief. It was successfully used to realize that praying to Mary was not validated in the scriptures, and so on. Do I believe it was HS guided..... as a whole yes, word for word, no. I'm rambling now so I will quit. Pardon me, I really enjoy talking about the bible

This is precisely why the bible tells us to study to show yourself approved a workman unto God which is your reasonable service. It also tells us to be like the Bereans who searched the scriptures daily to see if what was said was so. We are to plum the depths and mine the Gold that is the hidden treasure in God's Word. I want to encourage you to let the Word of God dwell in you richly, and study so that you can rightly divide the Word of Truth. I will also say to hang in there and know as iron sharpens iron, so does one man another.