Getting some new boots.... Need advice

Hey guess,

I am looking at getting some rubber boots for this hunting season. I have always used regular Rocky Boots, but I would like to have a little more scent protection and I was thinking about getting some Muck Boots. I know many of you have them, but which one did you actually get? Are they warm enough for 20 degree weather, but breathable enough for an early season hunt? Or, would you recommend another boot?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks,

7Mag Hunter

Look at the Sportsmans Guide brand of un-insulated boot....Less than $50.00 and with tall
wool boot socks, warm enough for winter temps
in GA....Just get 1/2 size larger for the thicker socks,
and allow for air space in the toe area...
I have a pair that is 4 yrs old and still going strong......

Crimson

I bought a pair of Muck Woody Max boots three years ago and my feet have never gotten cold. They are worth every penny.

I can't say enough good things about them.

Hunter922

I bought some Muck Artic Pro's in April. This is my first pair of Mucks. I have had 8-10 pair of Lacrosse Alphas and the Mucks are a lot more comfortable and much easier to get off your feet. I will have a second pair of Mucks ( The ultra mids.) before the season starts.

Joe Brandon

I love my LaCrosse's X2. They are a bit more expensive but they are very comfortable and the movement in them is as natural as a rubber boot could be. The ones I have now ran me around 170$ a few years ago and still feel great.

Triple C

I've worn LaCrosse "Grange" non insulated boots since the early 90s and love them for warm season. Wore them yesterday tubing some trees on the farm. They are extremely comfortable and very quiet. You can feel the ground under your feet.

For temps below 35 degrees I own a pair of insulated Mucks and love them just as well. I get more use out the LaCrosse Grange boots cause most of the year you don't need insulated.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
lacrosse alpha-burly sport one pair for ten years. finally blew out. somebody on here had a link to alpha mud lites for $49 (couple years ago) bought those, like them even better. lacrosse alpha mud lite for my vote.

rjcruiser

Had Muck's for probably about 5 years....and the sole finally just couldn't stay attached. I glued it several times over the past year, but it was too much trouble. So....finally just decided to go buy some new ones. Found some Lacrosse Alpha Burly's on sale, so, they'll be accompanying me into the woods this fall.

Gaswamp

Chippewa and Carolina make some boots in the USA but don't know about gore-tex

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I wear Lacrosse Grange's till my feet start to get cold. Normally when the temps start falling into the 30's.

Then I switch over to my old pair of Muck Woody Max's.

I've had the Muck's since 05. The soles are about worn smooth, but they have been an awesome boot. Granted, I only wear them when it gets cold outside and only wear them to hunt.

The Grange's give me a average of 4yrs or so till they wear out and start leaking.

Beaudeane

I got a pair of the cheap camo rubber boots at Academy a couple years ago. My calfs pay for it every time I have worn them. Like it rubs the back of my legs so bad it rubs the skin off. I'd stay away from those. That's the only rubber boots I've ever tried. Not comfortable

Hatchet

Lacrosse Aeroheads are the best hunting boots I've ever worn. I wear them early season with thin socks and late season with thicker socks and have never had a issue with my feet being too hot or too cold. This includes hunting in cold windy conditions in Kansas every year.

The Fever

Hey guess,

I am looking at getting some rubber boots for this hunting season. I have always used regular Rocky Boots, but I would like to have a little more scent protection and I was thinking about getting some Muck Boots. I know many of you have them, but which one did you actually get? Are they warm enough for 20 degree weather, but breathable enough for an early season hunt? Or, would you recommend another boot?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks,

I have a pair of dark green rubber hunting boots from Walmart that has the steel shank. They cost $25. I wear these through October. Perfectly suitable for still hunting.

I then have the Lacrosse Aerohead. These can be worn in VERY cold weather and are INCREDIBLY comfortable. I was hunting in 20 degree weather in 20 mph winds last season and my feet were no where near cold.

Latest posts