Seeing less fawns this year . . .

Jim Boyd

They will get a few, for sure.

We have yotes and I am sure some of the local dogs get some of the fawns also.

Our recruitment rate is very high, however and our population is as high as it has ever been ....or so it seems.

For us, harvesting more does and exercising trigger control on the bucks is a much bigger concern than predators.

Best of luck.

Bstevens792

Banned
Seen more fawns than the last few years not on the farm tho just rideing yotes were bad at farm last year but never saw one

deerbuster

I've seen quite a few more fawns this year, although I did find a dead fawn this weekend.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I've seen quite a few more fawns this year, although I did find a dead fawn this weekend.

I agree. My backyard foodplot is my best gauge and have seen double the fawns there, as well as on the side of the road dead, than in previous years.

I'm in Walton County, so I guess results could vary depending on what part of the State you're in.

shdw633

We have seen quite a few this year; however, we have also had a trapper come in for the last 2 years and he has done a great job getting rid of quite a few of the yotes in our area!! :cool:

Mama and her two fawns hammered our flower containers sometime during the night. The "Deer Off" got Diluted by the rain fall-so while reapplying-(after mowing the lawn-blowing the clippings, etc...) here they come looking for more ! She snorted a couple times and hauled butt looking for more opportunity!

We are also seeing lots of fawn tracks in the roads, trails, and weeded out food plots and no coyote tracks and no howls at night.

deerbuster

Forgot to mention this is the first year I have two separate set of twins on either side of the property on different cameras. Happy to see the fawn recruitment is higher after doing some predator control this past winter.

ucfireman

I'm seeing about the same number of fawns, 1 doe with twins, 1 with 1 and 1 still pregnant as of the 7-22-16. I have a neighbor who traps coyotes as needed, took 14 off 2 years ago, Great fawns last year and no signs of coyotes this year but I'm sure theres a few.
On my 38 ac, 7 different bucks, 3 for sure different does and numerous smaller fawns from last year. About 17 total different deer.

Flaustin1

Ive seen probably 2x the number of fawns than the past few years. Lots of twins this year.

MFOSTER

BANNED
Could be getting pics of 1.5 year olds that will get breed this year.