Why do Hindus wear clothes?

Artfuldodger

Christians wearing clothes dates back to Adam & Eve sinning. After they first sinned they were ashamed of their nakedness. Blood must be shed for sins so God killed an animal or two and clothed them with the animal skins.
I can't seem to find any information on why Hindus and other religions wear clothes. Perhaps to suppress sexual arousal or something. Most ancient tribes wear some type of clothing even in warm climates.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I doubt if anbody of any religion really wants to get their hootie-hoo hung on a briar. :bounce: I'd say a century of British rule probably encouraged fuller clothing than the original outfit, also.

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
Christians wearing clothes dates back to Adam & Eve sinning. After they first sinned they were ashamed of their nakedness. Blood must be shed for sins so God killed an animal or two and clothed them with the animal skins.
I can't seem to find any information on why Hindus and other religions wear clothes. Perhaps to suppress sexual arousal or something. Most ancient tribes wear some type of clothing even in warm climates.

This forum really cracks me up.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

gordon 2

I firmly believe that the Scots, who fought in the briers and thistle, lost to the English because they fought them in kilts!

Concerning garments, there is an old saying: "What is good for the cold, is good for the heat."

drippin' rock

There was no such thing as Christianity in the beginning, whatever the beginning was. Ever wonder if it was logical for early man to be "ashamed" of his nakedness? This is a good example of much later beliefs being molded into the creation story.

drippin' rock

If all life sprung from the loins of Adam and Eve, how did all the cultures of the world come up with such different creation stories? Most of these cultures were nature worshipping with the Goddess and Serpent being the most revered. Along comes Judaism and Man is on top with woman(eve) and the snake(devil) shunned.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

Adam and Eve were not Christian and they pre-dated Hinduism.

Artfuldodger

Adam and Eve were not Christian and they pre-dated Hinduism.

So it would be safe to assume every human on the earth wears clothes because of Adam & Eve, even if they don't believe in the God of Abraham?
Again, as a Christian, I believe this, but I find it hard to believe every human living on small isolated islands believe this. I want to know what their beliefs are, not ours.
Why do Zulus think they wear clothes?

drippin' rock

I wonder if these tribes could even articulate why they wear clothes. Seems to me those National Geographic women don't have a problem with it.

mtnwoman

I spend a good part of every day keeping briars away from my hootie-hoo.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well I stay away from briars and tall weeds....unless I have to and that is if I absolutely have to tee tee in the woods.... my high alert is poison oak, cause I can't stand up....hahahahahahaha. I wear shirts over shirts, tucked in jeans tucked inside boots etc, nothing can get to my hoo-ha or my hoohoots.....layers...I say layers.

So now that I'm as old as I am, I just stay inside, calm, cool, collected and stressfree from past experiences from poison oakitis where the sun don't shine. That'll teach ya for frog giggin'.....lol

mtnwoman

Females are modest,normally, and don't want to be gawked at by the pervs, which is any man that read national geographic as a boy so the women cover themselves.....hahahahahahahaha. Men wear clothes because they don't want to be laughed at by other men and the women....hahahahahahahaha.

Most anyone else that runs around naked or half naked have delusion/illusions of granduer....lol.
That's why we cover up....
or maybe it's just me....that and the skeeters.:rofl:

Artfuldodger

Females are modest,normally, and don't want to be gawked at by the pervs, which is any man that read national geographic as a boy so the women cover themselves.....hahahahahahahaha. Men wear clothes because they don't want to be laughed at by other men and the women....hahahahahahahaha.

Most anyone else that runs around naked or half naked have delusion/illusions of granduer....lol.
That's why we cover up....
or maybe it's just me....that and the skeeters.:rofl:

For some reason that reminded me of my dad telling of all the boys going swimming. None had bathing suits. They quickly took off their clothes and jumped in the creek, except for one bank walker in the group.