The hunt of my life(long read and pic heavy)

oldfella1962

Awesome! I sold a longbow to you a few months ago and you gave me two stone arrows you made yourself. Obviously stone points and cane arrows and self bows are very effective! The modern archery industry can't make any money off guys like you - they will never sell you an 800 dollar bow. facepalm:

Anyway 250 hours and only seeing 2 deer? :eek:
99 percent of people would call it quits - way to hang in there! :bounce:

Mudfeather

your accomplishments are impressive. When you had to that your youth it becomes astounding. Hunting is a journey and just like life we all start and stop at different places along the way.

You have started far ahead of where many find themselves now.....including me........by going back to the beginning...

Time may change some of your desires but can never take that experience away from you...

Well done son!

techfire55

Young man, you are the true definition of a Hunter. You should be very proud of yourself. Thanks for sharing your story. Great deer by the way.

SELFBOW

No matter the outcome, hard work and dedication always pays off. Congratulations.

Well said. Watched Shockey's Uncharted last night where Corey missed his Ibex and he was so disappointed. Jim made it clear he was successful in every aspect of "the hunt". The kill isn't most important.

AnAvidArcher

Thank you all so much for your words of appreciation and encouragement. I know how experienced and knowledgeable you all are and so your words really mean a lot. My hand is still healing up, I can't shoot a bow for about a week probably(doesnt mean I won't be hard-headed and try anyways).

I was unable to find my arrowhead in her after gutting and carefully searching each organ and cavity, but in the next few days I'll be going back out to the property to look for it.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Young woodsman, you`ve done the ultimate, and I tip my hat to you. :cheers:

chenryiv

Congrats Seth, Memories for a lifetime!!

dpoole

Congrat and just imagine what the future holds It is great to see you young people who are the future of Traditional/primitive archery. Well done young man !!

aiken

way to go Seth, must have been all that good experience you've gotten on our targets, lol

alan

Very impressive! Congrats!