If we all came from Adam and Eve?

hobbs27

Do you think man was able to make common dog breeds today from the grey wolf in a matter of 5, 000 years?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe there is a logical answer that does not relate to humans..... but think of the canine family. We got labodors, pit bulls, weenie dogs. Where did they all come from. Did they not derive from a more common source????

Selective breeding to emphasize certain traits.

Do you think man was able to make common dog breeds today from the grey wolf in a matter of 5, 000 years?

Yes. Look at the variation already present in wolves, then add heavy selective breeding, and factor in the generation span and reproductive capacity of dogs. Look at all the variations in turkeys already present in the last couple hundred years that they have been bred from our wild turkey.

1gr8bldr

Yes. Look at the variation already present in wolves, then add heavy selective breeding, and factor in the generation span and reproductive capacity of dogs. Look at all the variations in turkeys already present in the last couple hundred years that they have been bred from our wild turkey.
As man scattered throughout the earth, since populations were low, would that essentially have the same effect as "selective" breeding? And now that races are very much living together now, called diversity, we are almost going back the other way??? 60 years ago, my dad chose a wife who was local, as did his father.... my uncles the same. In this day, it's not uncommon for a local guy to marry someone with a foreign descent . My fathers day was as if it were selective breeding producing like children. So, if the first families were what we might call diverse, such as Essau and his brother, And they moved away and settled in an area and those genes populated the area....... I'm just thinking out loud

1gr8bldr

Yes, I do. Yet it is an unfounded opinion based on no experiential knowledge. The "AKC" foundation was established to try to maintain a pure breed. To keep a known breed from evolving. Recently, my family member bought a Lab. Mercy, it was like no lab I ever seen. None of the characteristics I know of Labs. I inquired if it was a registered AKC and they said yes. Since DNA is not taken and the father is assumed, it is still not proved to be pure bred. Another dog could have jumped the fence. So, I saw first hand how a socalled pure breed evolved into something else. And it's lost forever, never to be regained. Mercy, I'm just rambling. Ate to much of the chocolates my wife made for a christmas gathering. LOL, could not sleep at all last night

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
As man scattered throughout the earth, since populations were low, would that essentially have the same effect as "selective" breeding? And now that races are very much living together now, called diversity, we are almost going back the other way??? 60 years ago, my dad chose a wife who was local, as did his father.... my uncles the same. In this day, it's not uncommon for a local guy to marry someone with a foreign descent . My fathers day was as if it were selective breeding producing like children. So, if the first families were what we might call diverse, such as Essau and his brother, And they moved away and settled in an area and those genes populated the area....... I'm just thinking out loud

Exactly. Racial differences are long-time genetic adaptations to different environments. I don't think we came from Adam and Eve. We came from Torg and Og.

Spineyman

Why are there different races?

There is only one race,the human race. All nationalities came about at the tower of Babel. When they tried to build a tower to the most High, and He dispersed them and confounded their speech( languages). Now it is merely different cultures.

swampstalker24

Race is no more than a social construct to explain the differences between critters of the same species.... No basis is biology at all. Maybe you are referring to ethnicity which deals with the variations in peoples DNA based on where the ancestors originated.

hobbs27

There is only one race,the human race. All nationalities came about at the tower of Babel. When they tried to build a tower to the most High, and He dispersed them and confounded their speech( languages). Now it is merely different cultures.

So , when you fill out an application for employment, or a government form, you always enter (human) for your race? ::ke:

hobbs27

I don't know... Granted they think they are just as ferocious, I think it must have taken a long time to get a chihuahua out of breeding grey wolves.

Spineyman

So , when you fill out an application for employment, or a government form, you always enter (human) for your race? ::ke:

That is a human designation. Not God's definition! There is only one race and one blood. There are color differences but that is all in the dna code. As is the different dogs and cats and so on. God said to be fruitful and multiply and subdue the earth, each after it's own kind. Man did not come from ape and ape did not come from man. Dogs didn't evolve from cats and vice versa.

hobbs27

That is a human designation. Not God's definition! There is only one race and one blood. There are color differences but that is all in the dna code. As is the different dogs and cats and so on. God said to be fruitful and multiply and subdue the earth, each after it's own kind. Man did not come from ape and ape did not come from man. Dogs didn't evolve from cats and vice versa.

No answer...ok, thanks.

Spineyman

No answer...ok, thanks.

That is a human designation.

I answered it you just didn't like the answer.
Acts 17:24-27

24 “God, who made the world and everything in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands. 25 Nor is He worshiped with men’s hands, as though He needed anything, since He gives to all life, breath, and all things. 26 And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings, 27 so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

Spineyman

One generation??!!

Sorry, I've never seen a white couple give birth to an Asian kid, a black kid, a Latino kid, an Arab kid, and a white kid. Unless there was some serious hanky-panky going on, anyway. If Eve was created from Adam's rib, I doubt if she was Hispanic and he was Polynesian. There shouldn't be that much genetic variation.

What “Black and White” Twins Teach Us About Supposed “Race”
by Ken Ham on September 18, 2017
Share:

Several years ago I wrote an article for our Answers magazine titled “It’s Not Just Black & White.” This article looked at several examples of what are referred to as “black and white” twins—fraternal twins where one is dark skinned with black hair and the other is light skinned with fair hair. Actually, they both have the same skin color (mainly from the pigment melanin) but different shades (tones) of that color. Well, one of these sets of twins is back in the news.

The Biggs twins, Millie and Marcia, are in the news again because they are entering middle school in Birmingham, England. Their mother, who is light skinned (their father is dark skinned), had to explain to school staff that the girls are indeed twins. Reportedly, “some of their teachers were shocked, and strangers are often baffled when they find out the girls are related, much less twins.” Their mother comments,

I’d be picking them up after school, and the other parents would stop me and say: ‘Are they your daughters?’ . . . When I told that them that they were twins, they would always be stunned. I notice a lot of people doing double-takes.

Why are people so shocked by these twins? Because they’ve been indoctrinated with the idea of supposed “races,” an idea fueled today by evolutionary thinking. How could twins be of two different “races”? The Bible offers an entirely different perspective.
One Race—the Human Race

Because all humans are descended from Adam and Eve, we’re all one race, or “one blood” as the Apostle Paul puts it in Acts 17:26. This is confirmed by observational science—humans are one species, Homo sapiens sapiens, and the supposed “racial” differences only account for .012% of the differences between humans.

The reason for the slight differences, such as skin tone and eye shape, between people groups is primarily because of the event at the Tower of Babel (Genesis 11). This division of languages broke up the human gene pool and isolated groups from one another. Certain genetic variations became prominent in different groups.

And, actually, there’s no such thing as “black and white” people. We’re all brown, just different shades of brown due largely to a pigment called melanin. Some people have a little bit of melanin, which gives them light skin, while others have a lot of melanin, which gives them darker skin.

There’s just one race—the human race.

There’s just one race—the human race. We look different because of what happened at the Tower of Babel.
The Answer to Racism

The answer to racism, which I shared at a racial reconciliation conference in Kansas City, Missouri, last week, is first to understand that all people are one race, one family. Genetically and biblically all humans are one biological race. And all humans are people of color—as I like to say, if you don't have color you have a problem and should visit a doctor!

We’re all one race, and we’re all equal before God. And we all have the same problem of sin and need salvation in Christ. We also all need to judge our behavior against the absolute authority of God's Word. If all people were taught this truth about the origin of people groups, it would certainly help to curb racism and prejudice.

There’s only one solution to racism—a change of heart so people will build their thinking on God’s Word and believe the true history of the world. Racism, as well as other social issues such as gay “marriage,” transgenderism, and abortion, are all moral issues that are symptoms of a foundational issue—rejection of God’s Word. America’s racism issues will not be solved until hearts and minds are committed to the true history in God’s Word and the salvation message.

https://answersingenesis.org/blogs/...and-white-twins-teach-us-about-supposed-race/

These two are actual twins born at the same time to the same mother.

https://answersingenesis.org/racism/its-not-just-black-and-white/

Attachments

• its-not-just-black-and-white.jpg
    its-not-just-black-and-white.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 12