Weber Kettle

Lane_H

Been trying out my new Weber kettle. Think I'm going to like it.

Attachments

• IMG_20171225_135306_336.jpg
    IMG_20171225_135306_336.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 624
  • 20180101_110719.jpg
    20180101_110719.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 624
  • 20180101_162710.jpg
    20180101_162710.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 628
  • 20180106_151538.jpg
    20180106_151538.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 625
  • 20180106_163634.jpg
    20180106_163634.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 626

MOTS

That's a nice kettle there! May as well get a "slow and sear" rack for it, and a vortex. Google it.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Mighty Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!

T-N-T

I love a Weber

Big7

The Oracle
Been using them as far back as I can remember
and never had any problems smoking/cooking/grilling anything.
(suitable for that size implement)

NO WAY I'm paying scads of money on the
latest fancy stuff.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Good lookin setup you got there, and them vittles look tasty. One question I have, since I'm an Akorn cooker. It looked like, from the lid on pic your vent was in the rear center, handle orientation in front, splitting the differnce on the meat and coals. Not an expert in Kettle cooking by any means, but seems like you would want your coals in the front drawing the heat and smoke across the meat and exiting the back?? :huh::huh:

Trying to learn something I know nothing about here.

Lane_H

Good lookin setup you got there, and them vittles look tasty. One question I have, since I'm an Akorn cooker. It looked like, from the lid on pic your vent was in the rear center, handle orientation in front, splitting the differnce on the meat and coals. Not an expert in Kettle cooking by any means, but seems like you would want your coals in the front drawing the heat and smoke across the meat and exiting the back?? :huh::huh:

The first pictures was the day I bought the grill and was just burning charcoal in it

3ringer

I love mine

Attachments

• B09C0C95-218F-432A-A39A-9F04B9C52540.jpg
    B09C0C95-218F-432A-A39A-9F04B9C52540.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 532

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
What's with brick on the grill. I got two Weber's, a smaller one for when it is just the wife and I and a larger one for when we are cooking for a crowd

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
What's with brick on the grill. I got two Weber's, a smaller one for when it is just the wife and I and a larger one for when we are cooking for a crowd

^^^^ I'm wondering about the brick as well..... looks like you would at least put a dab of BBQ sauce on it :rofl:

Bream Pole

i think he is containing charcoal on charcoal rack and protecting from heat burning meat on the cooking rack. nice idea

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
i think he is containing charcoal on charcoal rack and protecting from heat burning meat on the cooking rack. nice idea

He is, that's his indirect method.

Dub

Sweet Red Weber !!!!

When using my Weber kettle I'll often spin the lid around some during the cook to get even draw time over the meat.

naildrvr

When using my Weber kettle I'll often spin the lid around some during the cook to get even draw time over the meat.[/QUOTE]

Great looking meats. Dub is the Weber Kettle Connoisseur!!

Dub

LaneH,

You will love that thing, man. Super versatile.

You may already have a good way to light....if not, then give these Weber chimneys a try. I find myself using the small one more often. EDIT: just noticed you already have one in the pic. :banana:

Weber's elevated rack comes in handy sometimes, too.

When using my Weber kettle I'll often spin the lid around some during the cook to get even draw time over the meat.

Great looking meats. Dub is the Weber Kettle Connoisseur!![/QUOTE]

I do enjoy playing around with the Webers. They are really lightweight and easy to throw in the back of the truck for cooking elsewhere. Especially this little one....locks into table...legs snap off & store underneath and would fit in a car trunk with ease.

I've really enjoyed there Smokey Mountain Smoker, too.

Added a DigiQDX2 pit fan & controller to it and it runs that thing within a very tight window of temp range. Set it and forget it.

Also added a Cajun Bandit door and some of their wheels to it. Roll it in /out of the garage and have it running with ease.

My last cook on it was three weeks ago, I had it loaded with 60lbs of butts and it powered through the night.

Made up a batch of pulling sauce.....large batch...enough for a large cook later this month, too.

Helped to feed some hungry folks at our local soup kitchen.

I have to say that those may have been the best tasting I've ever cooked. Since I knew it was an overnight deal and I had plenty of time I let the WSM run lower than I usually would....had it at 230 degrees. The fat rendered off almost completely and the bones pulled out really clean & easy. I hit them with a shredder that attaches to my cordless drill and shredded them a bit finer than I typically would for the family. On purpose because of some of the folks having dental problems. I added in the pulling sauce just prior to shredding, too.

Gonna try to go for 120lb butts next time. I'll have to use that WSM on automatic....and then break out the stick burner, too. :flag:

I can't speak highly enough about Weber's customer service. It is spectacular. They make it easy to set up your claims and they process things very quickly. I've had two issues and they shipped my parts from Chicago in 3 days to my house. One of the parts was the large center section of this 22" WSM, too. The original was out of round and the top lid gapped really bad. Zero questions....bamsucka on my front porch in 3 days.

As long as you take care not to scratch them up the paint on them will last for eons.

Last edited:

Patriot44

Banned
I rotate the lid as well on my Webber. I believe that for the money, the Webber kettle is the best grill. I have cooked everything on mine and made a lot of happy faces from the food that has come off it.