Box call makers at Unicoi

Killdee

A buddy of mine is looking for a good box call who are some of the guys at Unicoi Y’all might recommend?

ol bob

You can't go wrong with any one that's there all are first class.

Gaswamp

A buddy of mine is looking for a good box call who are some of the guys at Unicoi Y’all might recommend?

figured u could steer him in the right direction without asking anyone on here but tell him to go see''''''''''
Bob Harwell
Dan Harris
Steve Mann
Lamar Williams
Darrin Dawkins

Find one from one of these guys....walnut/mahogany, walnut/butternut, walnut/poplar, or all walnut.

Killdee

figured u could steer him in the right direction without asking anyone on here but tell him to go see''''''''''
Bob Harwell
Dan Harris
Steve Mann
Lamar Williams
Darrin Dawkins

Find one from one of these guys....walnut/mahogany, walnut/butternut, walnut/poplar, or all walnut.

Thanks, I haven't bought a box in 30 years probably so Im not in the loop on call makers. Neil Cost was at Unicoi after he had quit actively building boxes but took me aside and had me write down what I wanted and fixed me up. That was the last I bought $100 bucks well spent. I build box's back in the 90s and hunt with those, Neils box stays at home.I have the canceled check and my letter from him for documentation should I ever decide to sell it.

cowhornedspike

All above mentioned build great boxes and I bought from several of them last year...but the one I got from Darrin Dawkins outshines the others.

Killdee

He said it was so noisy he couldn’t find anything he really liked, so nothing.

M Sharpe

That's the reason they will let you take them outside to play!

ol bob

If he didn't find anything at the show he's in trouble because the best of the best where there

Grub Master

I have a couple of Jack Scott's. I don't think he was there this year.